GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ivy question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/60347-ivy-question.html)

Kim E. 01-05-2004 04:02 PM

Ivy question

I planted english ivy in a shaded area under a tree last spring
(northern ohio). It grew great all last season, but this spring it is
looking dead. The periwinkle I planted at the same time is coming back
in superbly. My question is...should the ivy be back in growing mode by
now or is it probly dead?

-kim

Pam - gardengal 02-05-2004 01:05 AM

Ivy question

"Kim E." wrote in message
a.net...
I planted english ivy in a shaded area under a tree last spring
(northern ohio). It grew great all last season, but this spring it is
looking dead. The periwinkle I planted at the same time is coming back
in superbly. My question is...should the ivy be back in growing mode by
now or is it probly dead?

-kim

Since English ivy is evergreen, my guess is it's dead. Are the leaves
brownish and dry?

pam - gardengal

Kim E. 02-05-2004 05:04 PM

Ivy question

In article gDWkc.8231$_41.432488@attbi_s02,
says...

"Kim E." wrote:
I planted english ivy in a shaded area under a tree last spring
(northern ohio). It grew great all last season, but this spring it is
looking dead. The periwinkle I planted at the same time is coming back
in superbly. My question is...should the ivy be back in growing mode by
now or is it probly dead?

Since English ivy is evergreen, my guess is it's dead. Are the leaves
brownish and dry?

Yeah, many of them are. It looks like there are new buds getting ready
to come out, but nothing has happened. I thought ivy was
indestructable!!

-kim