Old 01-05-2004, 06:02 PM
justme

Default What can kill Weeds and Moss

My lawn is completely overrun with weeds and moss, any suggestions on what I
can do? Thanks

Old 01-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Vox Humana

"justme" wrote in message
My lawn is completely overrun with weeds and moss, any suggestions on what

can do? Thanks

If your lawn has a lot of moss, it means you have a lot of damp shade. I
would forget planting grass as it will be less than satisfactory. I would
consider some other ground cover or a dense planning of shade loving plants
like hostas. I have an area like that that I planted with hostas, ferns,
heuchera, astilbes, lily of the valley, liriope, and a number of other shade
tolerant plants.

Old 01-05-2004, 11:05 PM
justme

Forgot to mention, the moss and weeds are in the lawn,, it only happened a
year ago, never had a problem before that, lawn was always very nice, but
now it is terrible.. very little grass, all weeds and moss.

Old 02-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Vox Humana

"justme" wrote in message
Forgot to mention, the moss and weeds are in the lawn,, it only happened a
year ago, never had a problem before that, lawn was always very nice, but
now it is terrible.. very little grass, all weeds and moss.

Since you think that a lawn is worth pursuing then you have a couple of
options. You could kill off everything with Round-up or remove what's there
with a sod cutter and then prep the area. Then you can seed the area, cover
with straw, and keep it watered. Laying sod is another option. Depending
on where you live, starting a new law may be better in the fall than the
spring.