Old 02-05-2004, 02:06 AM
Tim Berkeley

Default Male & Female Holly Bushes

I just bought a female & a male holly bushes for my better half.
Our question is, when we plant them how far apart should they be??
thank you for your time.

Old 02-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Vox Humana

"Tim Berkeley" wrote in message
. ..
I just bought a female & a male holly bushes for my better half.
Our question is, when we plant them how far apart should they be??
thank you for your time.

They don't have to be very close. Unless your property is extraordinarily
large, you can plant them where you want.

Old 02-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Brian

They don't need to be really close. Even without the male you would have
found that there are others within 'pollen distance'.
Be aware that for some perverse reason the hollies named 'Queen' are male
and hence those called 'King' are female!!
Best Wishes..

Old 02-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Mike LaMana

Within the same mile or so. They are pollinated by insects that develop a
'search-image" for specific plants and so are pretty adept at finding the
right hosts.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC