Old 03-05-2004, 05:03 PM
DC Gringo

Default ivy in my grass

I put down weed killer twice now. It's done a very good job except for one
plant that's all over my front yard. They were intermingled with the
violets which are now dead.

I'm pretty certain it's actually ivy now--which resists my weedkiller. How
can I rid my grass of ivy?

_____
DC G

Old 05-05-2004, 02:05 AM
Tom Randy

On Mon, 03 May 2004 10:13:57 -0400, DC Gringo wrote:

I put down weed killer twice now. It's done a very good job except for
one plant that's all over my front yard. They were intermingled with the
violets which are now dead.

I'm pretty certain it's actually ivy now--which resists my weedkiller.
How can I rid my grass of ivy?

_____
DC G

Ground ivy is nearly impossible to get rid of. I've tried the Borax idea,
it didn't do anything. I tried Ortho's weed killer that SUPPOSED to be for
ground ivy and after 3 applications the ivy just LAUGHS at it. Pulling I
believe is the only way and if you have a LOT, that's out of the question.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

There was something called "Dragon" that was supposed to be good but they
went out of business I'm told. Figures.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:03 PM
J.M.W

Tom Randy wrote in message ...
On Mon, 03 May 2004 10:13:57 -0400, DC Gringo wrote:

I put down weed killer twice now. It's done a very good job except for
one plant that's all over my front yard. They were intermingled with the
violets which are now dead.

I'm pretty certain it's actually ivy now--which resists my weedkiller.
How can I rid my grass of ivy?

_____
DC G

Ground ivy is nearly impossible to get rid of. I've tried the Borax idea,
it didn't do anything. I tried Ortho's weed killer that SUPPOSED to be for
ground ivy and after 3 applications the ivy just LAUGHS at it. Pulling I
believe is the only way and if you have a LOT, that's out of the question.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

There was something called "Dragon" that

Iam looking for some advice on ivy. It was cut back last year but has
grown quite rapidly any suggestions on how to slow down its growth
rate without having to remove it completely

Jean Wallace
Old 06-05-2004, 05:03 PM
DC Gringo

Yes, if it's ivy it's becoming intractable.

I've been advised by the previous owner that they're part of the violet
weeds that were growing their before I used the Ortho weed killer. The
violet flower part went away immediately, but the accompanying green leaf
did not. Any advice if this is the case?

_____
DC G

"J.M.W" wrote in message
om...
Tom Randy wrote in message

[...]

[IMG] code is On

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 10:48 PM
To ivy or not to ivy, that's the question? TimLondon United Kingdom 15 07-05-2013 07:08 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 12:22 PM
poisen ivy--scotts roundup poisen ivy ilaboo Lawns 4 06-06-2008 01:52 AM
selective herbicides: Liriope and Japanese Stilt Grass- bamboo grass? Doctoroe Gardening 2 21-08-2003 02:32 AM