Old 03-05-2004, 08:02 PM
heppiechik

Default Rooting avocado seed

Any tips on rooting and growing from an avocado seed?
Thanks!

Old 03-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Brian

On a number of occasions I have seen them being germinated by suspension
over a jar[small necked vase] of water. This was achieved by inserting a
cocktail stick in opposite sides, resting on the rim, and enough water to be
just touching the seed.
Best Wishes.

Old 04-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Laura B.

Brian wrote:

On a number of occasions I have seen them being germinated by suspension
over a jar[small necked vase] of water. This was achieved by inserting a
cocktail stick in opposite sides, resting on the rim, and enough water to be
just touching the seed.
Best Wishes.
"heppiechik" wrote in message

Any tips on rooting and growing from an avocado seed?
Thanks!

Works like a charm everytime. Just make sure you get the pointy end of
the seed up. ;-)

Also, don't forget to pinch the top of the tree off when it's 2 feet
tall so it will branch nicely.

Good luck,
Laura B.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Sed5555

Any tips on rooting and growing from an avocado seed?

My grandchildren have had great success by first washing the seed with water,
then wrapping the seed in a moist paper towel and putting it all into a
zip-lock plastic sandwich bag. The bag is then placed on top the refrigerator
where it is warm. When they see roots coming thru the paper toweling, they
carefully remove the toweling and plant the seed in a pot. We have had several
nice-sized foliage plants from this process.
sed5555

[IMG] code is On

Avocado Plant David DeMar Gardening 6 03-06-2008 11:26 PM
sprouting an avocado seed? Nash Gardening 7 15-05-2005 08:50 PM
Avocado cultivar that can be grown indoors rusty Plant Biology 1 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Avocado in Zone 6 Mark Edible Gardening 2 12-03-2003 10:56 AM
where can I get a sharwill avocado in So. Cal? PhilKryder Gardening 0 28-01-2003 02:29 AM