GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   what is this plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/60528-what-plant.html)

chaz 04-05-2004 03:03 AM

what is this plant?

i bought a plant at a sale and dumb-me, couldnt recall the name by the time
i got home

http://www.inkweb.com/unknown1/DSC06054.JPG

chaz

LFR 04-05-2004 03:03 AM

what is this plant?

Pothos???

Do an image search on google... images.google.com

ink.net...

Fito 04-05-2004 03:03 AM

what is this plant?

"chaz" wrote in message
ink.net...
i bought a plant at a sale and dumb-me, couldnt recall the name by the

time
i got home

http://www.inkweb.com/unknown1/DSC06054.JPG

chaz

I will take my first stab at a question like this. Best guess: Vinca vine.

Fito

Elizabeth 04-05-2004 07:03 AM

what is this plant?

"chaz" wrote in message
ink.net...
i bought a plant at a sale and dumb-me, couldnt recall the name

by the time
i got home

http://www.inkweb.com/unknown1/DSC06054.JPG

chaz

Looks like Peperomia to me.

--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

Ricky 04-05-2004 11:02 AM

what is this plant?

"Elizabeth" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message
ink.net...
i bought a plant at a sale and dumb-me, couldnt recall the name

by the time
i got home

http://www.inkweb.com/unknown1/DSC06054.JPG

chaz

Looks like Peperomia to me.

No. Not peperomia. Looks more like a variegated pothos.

chaz 04-05-2004 12:02 PM

what is this plant?

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
> [...]

"chaz" wrote in message
ink.net...
i bought a plant at a sale and dumb-me, couldnt recall the name

by the time
i got home

http://www.inkweb.com/unknown1/DSC06054.JPG

chaz

Looks like Peperomia to me.

--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

Thats it! I couldnt remember to save my life!

Thanks!

Ricky 04-05-2004 10:02 PM

what is this plant?

I plant peperomia all the time and never saw one with pointed tips on the
leaves.

. ..

"Ricky" wrote in message
"Elizabeth" wrote in message
> [...]

ink.net...

Ricky 04-05-2004 11:06 PM

what is this plant?

"Ricky" wrote in message
I plant peperomia all the time and never saw one with pointed tips on the
leaves.

This is Peperomia obtusifolia "variegata" -
http://www.fawnridge.com/ricky/peperomia.jpg

Cereus-validus 05-05-2004 01:02 PM

what is this plant?

How sad that is.

Now you can't say that anymore, eh?

Peperomia is a very large genus with several hundred named species
worldwide. Many do have pointed leaf tips.

I stand corrected, the plant show is variegated Peperomia nitida not
Peperomia serpens (P.scandens).

http://www.peperomia.net/

Look under cultivars in the photo gallery.

"Ricky" wrote in message
"Elizabeth" wrote in message
> [...]

ink.net...

Cereus-validus 05-05-2004 01:02 PM

what is this plant?

Nope, it doesn't have the large foliaceous stipules of Philodendron and
isn't a vine.

"Ricky" wrote in message
"Elizabeth" wrote in message
> [...]

"chaz" wrote in message

ink.net...
i bought a plant at a sale and dumb-me, couldnt recall

the name
by the time
i got home

http://www.inkweb.com/unknown1/DSC06054.JPG

chaz

Looks like Peperomia to me.

No. Not peperomia. Looks more like a variegated pothos.

Philodendron scandens

--
Gerry
www.garden-guide.net