GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   id this plant please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/60531-id-plant-please.html)

Sallyrat&Sweetie 04-05-2004 03:03 AM

id this plant please

HI:

I have a houseplant that is not doing well but I have to figure out what it
is before I look up the cure, obviously :-) I think I knew at one time what
it was but I don't remember. It almost has the same colouring as a
wandering jew but it is more sturdy and it had really tiny insignificant
flowers at one time.I don't have a picture of it unfortunately

TIA

Sally

SugarChile 04-05-2004 04:03 AM

id this plant please

Is this it:
http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week123.shtml

Maranta leuconeura, aka prayer plant?

Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

"Sallyrat&Sweetie" wrote in message
. ..
HI:

I have a houseplant that is not doing well but I have to figure out what

it
is before I look up the cure, obviously :-) I think I knew at one time

what
it was but I don't remember. It almost has the same colouring as a
wandering jew but it is more sturdy and it had really tiny insignificant
flowers at one time.I don't have a picture of it unfortunately

TIA

Sally
hjhjhj

Cereus-validus 04-05-2004 05:07 PM

id this plant please

Maybe a Callisia or Gibasis species?

Are the flowers sessile on a spike or on a much branched panicle?

Elizabeth 05-05-2004 08:02 AM

id this plant please

I wonder if it might be Ludesia discolor?

--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. ..
Maybe a Callisia or Gibasis species?

Are the flowers sessile on a spike or on a much branched

panicle?

"Sallyrat&Sweetie" wrote in

message
. ..

Sallyrat&Sweetie 09-05-2004 03:03 PM

id this plant please

Thanks

but it isn't a Callisia, Giasis, Ludesia discolour or Maranta leuconeura.
It has been so long that I can't remember what the flowers look like but I
think they were sessile

Thanks for trying!