GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bleeding heart (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/60593-bleeding-heart.html)

Judy Cosler 04-05-2004 09:02 PM

bleeding heart

I have a bleeding heart which has bloomed it's little heart out for a
few years. This year, the foliage is full but there were many fewer
blooms. suggestions?

((.)) '))
((((((((
))(/)((

Michelle 09-05-2004 08:03 PM

bleeding heart

Feed it it might need some bulb food or some times a plant is just
tired and relocating it or replacing it but it seems early for
replacing. depending on your location maybe it was tricked during the
winter here in zone 6 quite a few of my bushes were tricked by a warm
spell and put out some of their energy in the winter as if it were
spring and then were shocked into dormacy by cold again this can make
them produce less in the spring same thing happens to tulips and
dafidills if the winter is not cold enough
those are some ideas I feed it and see how it does next year if it
was just lack of cold this winter it wil be lovely again next year
enjoy they are a very lovely plant