Old 05-05-2004, 06:02 PM
NetComm888

Default lawn mower bags

My lawn mower shot out all the grass to the yard. So after the mow,
the yard looks pretty ugly with streaks of dead grass. Especially when
it gets dry, it's really bad. So I'm wondering if there is some kind
of bad I could buy to tie up to the place where the lawn mower shoot
the grass out.
Thanks
Old 05-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Vox Humana

"NetComm888" wrote in message
om...
My lawn mower shot out all the grass to the yard. So after the mow,
the yard looks pretty ugly with streaks of dead grass. Especially when
it gets dry, it's really bad. So I'm wondering if there is some kind
of bad I could buy to tie up to the place where the lawn mower shoot
the grass out.
Thanks

If your mower is designed to use a bag, you can probably get one from a
parts dealer who services your brand of mower. It is unlikely that you can
retrofit a bag onto a mower that was not design to accept a bag. Most
people agree that mulching mowers are the best choice. They will cut the
grass clippings into fine particle that are returned to the lawn for
nutrients and to retain moisture. You might want to look for a new mower or
shop some yard sales for a used one.

Old 06-05-2004, 05:02 AM
eclectic

"NetComm888" wrote in message
om...
My lawn mower shot out all the grass to the yard. So after the mow,
the yard looks pretty ugly with streaks of dead grass. Especially when
it gets dry, it's really bad. So I'm wondering if there is some kind
of bad I could buy to tie up to the place where the lawn mower shoot
the grass out.
Thanks

Really, a mulching mower is a better solution. For right now if you mow
your lawn more frequently (shorter clippings) and set the mower for a higher
grass height, the dried clippings will hide better between the blades of grass.
I'd check the sharpness of the mower after every two or three uses. If you
have the time, immediately doing a second pass will mince the clippings even
finer.

Regards.

Old 06-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Vox Humana

"eclectic" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Of course there is the old fashion solution to the problem: rake and remove
the clumps of grass. It's not elegant but it is time tested, low tech, and
free.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:02 AM
gary davis

On 5/5/04 8:04 PM, in article ,
"eclectic" wrote:

[...]

I like the way you think...another thing...there are bagging mower blades
and mulching blades...I think that mulching blades are sharp all along the
blade (not just at the ends). A change of blades may also help. But I don't
know for sure. Just a thought I had.
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada