Old 05-05-2004, 09:02 PM
ted

Default Yet another lucky bamboo question

I wonder why so many people love this plant as much as others hate it!
I like the way it looks. I bought few stems last week at a bargain
price. The thing though is it has lot of leaves and doesn't look like
a typical lucky bamboo.

Can I plant this in regular potting soil? Has anyone planted it in
soil? Any special requirements if I plant it in soil? Does it grow
better or worse?

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:02 AM
nswong

Hi Ted,

The thing though is it has lot of leaves and doesn't look like
a typical lucky bamboo.

In native form, it look like now what you get. The "typical lucky
bamboo" are those that stripped like sugarcane by people.

Can I plant this in regular potting soil?

Yes.

Has anyone planted it in
soil?

We do plant it in pot with soil, and a lot more just go wild outside
our fence.

Any special requirements if I plant it in soil? Does it grow
better or worse?

This will depend on original environment the plant you got from.
There is always better to develop your own ecotype by propagate and
doing selection yourself. This will give you a more helthy plant and
in the ways you like, the most important are less maintenace cost and
less trouble.

Regards,
Wong

[IMG] code is On

What's wrong with my lucky bamboo? Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 2 18-07-2007 11:17 AM
Lucky Bamboo Merrill Speeter Gardening 18 15-04-2003 12:32 PM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 23 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 5 27-03-2003 09:56 AM
Lucky Bamboo Indoor Plant TheresaKyn Bamboo 1 10-03-2003 08:24 AM