Old 06-05-2004, 12:06 AM
GaryM

Default Forsythia

Quick question on moving forsythia. Mine are about 1 year old and I have
found lots of good info on how to move them in google. On thing I read
is to prune the shrubs after transplanting. I was wondering if it is
possible to root the pruned branches?

TIA,

Gary
Old 06-05-2004, 03:03 AM
Vox Humana

"GaryM" wrote in message
Quick question on moving forsythia. Mine are about 1 year old and I have
found lots of good info on how to move them in google. On thing I read
is to prune the shrubs after transplanting. I was wondering if it is
possible to root the pruned branches?

TIA,

Yes. You can read about it he
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/hil/hil-8702.html

Old 06-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Allview

What a great site. I'm filing it. Thanks.

Marilyn
Old 06-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Cereus-validus

Yes.

You can even bend branches down to the ground, cover them with dirt and have
them root.

But why bother? The plant is such a weed, it will spread by itself.

Old 06-05-2004, 05:02 PM
GaryM

"Vox Humana" wrote in news:k4gmc.70862$Vp5.12806
@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

Yes. You can read about it he
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/hil/hil-8702.html

Thanks. Great site.