Old 14-05-2004, 04:03 PM
BroJack

Default The Locusts Are Coming; The Loco Locusts Are Coming

Can't recall 1953's invasion and 1987 was fairly mild, but 1970 was
terrible.
Old 14-05-2004, 05:04 PM
madgardener

Mine have been here since last Saturday, and today the population is ten
fold. You should hear their sound. It sounds like some machine is running
outside. wierd sounding. Rose is getting fat on eating them by the tens and
tens and tens. Bad gas from them too.....apparently they're fat and protein
and really good for food. I can't find my receipe for
them...............(Rose can continue eating them, she needs the protein,
shame the cats haven't discovered them as food)
madgardener able to hear them thru the closed
windows...........................

Old 14-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Jean B.

OMG! I thought you had joined alt.fifty-plus.friends, and I was
thinking that was interesting and was going to welcome you to my
main domain. But then I saw this was crossposted. I am putting
this comment back in rec.gardens, where I think you saw it and
replied from.

Jean B.

Old 14-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Judy Cosler

my dogs have dug a hole which they put their heads in -- up to their
front shoulders!!! -- and, with head in hole, bark & bark!!! must be
the cicadas!!!! only a few corpses around so far!

madgardener wrote:

Mine have been here since last Saturday, and today the population is ten
fold. You should hear their sound. It sounds like some machine is running
outside. wierd sounding. Rose is getting fat on eating them by the tens and
tens and tens. Bad gas from them too.....apparently they're fat and protein
and really good for food. I can't find my receipe for
them...............(Rose can continue eating them, she needs the protein,
shame the cats haven't discovered them as food)
madgardener able to hear them thru the closed
windows...........................

((.)) '))
((((((((
))(/)((
Old 15-05-2004, 03:02 AM
Cereus-validus

So why don't you barricade yourself in your storm cellar and we will contact
you when the invasion is finally
over?.............................................
.................................................. .....
.................................................. .....
.........................(If we ever get around to it.)

Old 15-05-2004, 03:03 AM
Phisherman

"BroJack" wrote in message
Can't recall 1953's invasion and 1987 was fairly mild, but 1970 was
terrible.

I have not heard any unusual sounds here. Went hiking from the
Devil's Breakfast Table to the O-My-God Overlook along Daddy's Creek
and the Obed River (along the north side of Hatfield Mountain) last
Wednesday--no unusual sounds, but the ticks were plentiful and
annoying. Saw a variety of mountain ferns, blueberry, spotted
salamanders, wild turkey, lots of spiders in the caves, large
millipedes, one copperhead, toads, and surprisingly, no mosquitoes
yet.

Old 17-05-2004, 03:10 AM
Meagan M Eller

In rec.gardens Fito wrote:

What is the date for this onslaught anyway?

Fito

The onslaught of cicadas (not locust - locusts are of the grasshopper
family) has already started in southern Indiana. We saw the first mass
Thursday, with more arriving every day. They are such cool inssects! I am
having so much fun, although I can't mow the grass (my husband will be
doing that) because I can't bring myself to purposely hurt them.

Meagan

Locusts James Gardening 25 18-03-2004 02:02 PM
Do locusts propagate via root cuttings Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 3 07-07-2003 11:32 AM
Do locusts propagate via root cuttings Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 0 06-07-2003 07:05 PM
Birds coming through animaux Gardening 2 07-02-2003 05:47 PM
OT - Mosquitos Are Coming! TOM KAN PA Gardening 0 01-02-2003 02:43 AM