GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Growing poppies legal? (OT) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/61406-re-growing-poppies-legal-ot.html)

eclectic 16-05-2004 12:02 AM

Growing poppies legal? (OT)

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from escapee contains these words:

On 15 May 2004 12:21:01 GMT, Ignoramus12481
opined:

Now that we have a nice garden and orchard, one plant I am thinking
abou tplanting is poppies, because they are cute. Is it legal?

Don't ask people here, we are all filled with misinformation.

Remember, V, you only speak on behalf of yourself :-)

Janet

Oops. Janet, didn't you get the memo? :-)

escapee 16-05-2004 11:18 PM

Growing poppies legal? (OT)

On Sat, 15 May 2004 18:01:44 -0400, "eclectic"
opined:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
.. .
The message
from escapee contains these words:

On 15 May 2004 12:21:01 GMT, Ignoramus12481
opined:

Now that we have a nice garden and orchard, one plant I am thinking
abou tplanting is poppies, because they are cute. Is it legal?

Don't ask people here, we are all filled with misinformation.

Remember, V, you only speak on behalf of yourself :-)

Janet

Oops. Janet, didn't you get the memo? :-)

I wouldn't expect you two to get what I said. I was being nasty and reactive,
but have ironed that all out. Back to your secret memo's now.

Janet Baraclough.. 17-05-2004 01:03 AM

Growing poppies legal? (OT)

The message
from escapee contains these words:

On Sat, 15 May 2004 18:01:44 -0400, "eclectic"

opined:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
.. .
The message
from escapee contains these words:

Don't ask people here, we are all filled with misinformation.

Remember, V, you only speak on behalf of yourself :-)

Oops. Janet, didn't you get the memo? :-)

I wouldn't expect you two to get what I said. I was being nasty and
reactive,
but have ironed that all out.

Back to your secret memo's now.

Psssssssst, Eclectic; careful with that steam irony. There's no
wrinkles on Victoria.

Janet

eclectic 17-05-2004 02:07 AM

Growing poppies legal? (OT)

Don't ask people here, we are all filled with misinformation.

This reminded me of the quotation attributed to Mark Twain:
"Often, the surest way to convey misinformation is to tell
the strict truth."

Remember, V, you only speak on behalf of yourself :-)

Janet

Oops. Janet, didn't you get the memo? :-)

Just meant as a joke. Even my friends don't always
get my "quirky" sense of humour.

I wouldn't expect you two to get what I said. I was being nasty and reactive,
but have ironed that all out. Back to your secret memo's now.

Ouch! I got it. I think I got beaned with the iron too! :-)

Regards.

eclectic 17-05-2004 03:02 AM

Growing poppies legal? (OT)

Don't ask people here, we are all filled with misinformation.

Remember, V, you only speak on behalf of yourself :-)

Oops. Janet, didn't you get the memo? :-)

I wouldn't expect you two to get what I said. I was being nasty and
reactive,
but have ironed that all out.

Back to your secret memo's now.

Psssssssst, Eclectic; careful with that steam irony. There's no
wrinkles on Victoria.

Wow. I make a lame joke and then get abused and amused!