GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Newbie with shrubs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/61544-newbie-shrubs.html)

Jo 17-05-2004 06:04 PM

Newbie with shrubs

Hi think I've got the hang of this now. Thought I posted this before
- apologies if it appears twice. I'd like to introduce myself - I'm
Jo and I've been reading through the postings - you seem like the sort
of friendly group that will suffer a newbie (new to e-groups and to
gardening).

Hubby and I moved into a new house last year with a biggish garden
with lots of shrubs and about 8 trees. We've tried to identify them
but keep coming across dire warnings that some shrubs should not be
pruned. Consequently we didn't touch anything last year and its all
looking a bit wild and woolly now.

Does anyone have any good advice on good information sources or words
of wisdom about what to and what not to cut?

Cheers for now.

Newbie Jo

Janet Baraclough.. 17-05-2004 11:12 PM

Newbie with shrubs

The message
from (Jo) contains these words:

Hi think I've got the hang of this now. Thought I posted this before
- apologies if it appears twice.

You posted it to uk.rec.gardening before, and received a reply there
iirc. As the name suggests, that's a newsgroup specially for UK
gardening.

This is rec.gardens, a different gardening newsgroup, mostly American.

Janet

Gardñ@Gardñ.info 18-05-2004 05:03 AM

Newbie with shrubs

Janet Baraclough.. in
:

You posted it to uk.rec.gardening before, and received a reply there
iirc. As the name suggests, that's a newsgroup specially for UK
gardening.

This is rec.gardens, a different gardening newsgroup, mostly American.

Janet

at any rate, need pics to id.