GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   electric wheelbarrow? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/61606-electric-wheelbarrow.html)

Wilmoe 18-05-2004 06:04 AM

electric wheelbarrow?

I am sorry if this has been asked but for us new to the group...does anyone
have any experience or know anything about the CargoMaxX electric powered
wheelbarrow? It is powered by a 24 volt motor (battery) and appears quite
frequently on a web search for such things. Any information would be
appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill,
Mukilteo, WA

gary davis 19-05-2004 04:04 PM

electric wheelbarrow?

On 5/17/04 9:50 PM, in article ,
"Wilmoe" wrote:

I am sorry if this has been asked but for us new to the group...does anyone
have any experience or know anything about the CargoMaxX electric powered
wheelbarrow? It is powered by a 24 volt motor (battery) and appears quite
frequently on a web search for such things. Any information would be
appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill,
Mukilteo, WA

Hi Bill
I'm sorry I can't shed any light on subject wheelbarrow. It does sound
like it could be a useful tool for someone who has trouble moving around for
what ever reason.
Can I ask why you would need an electric wheelbarrow?
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada

Marcy Hege 19-05-2004 04:06 PM

electric wheelbarrow?

I think that Smith and Hawken had them in their catalog. A friend bought one to
use this spring while awaiting knee replacement surgery (she also has
rheumatoid arthritis) and she was very pleased with it.

Warren 20-05-2004 04:02 AM

electric wheelbarrow?

Marcy Hege wrote:
I think that Smith and Hawken had them in their catalog. A friend

bought one to
use this spring while awaiting knee replacement surgery (she also has
rheumatoid arthritis) and she was very pleased with it.

Now I can guess that someone with mobility problems could empty it by
simply dumping it -- assuming that you want whatever you're hauling in a
heap right there. But how does one load it? Seems to me that even if it
works perfectly, the scope of it's usefulness isn't very wide.

Then again I've spent some good money on things that do only one thing.
I just can't see myself spending money on an electric wheelbarrow.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Spend your Amazon gift certificates he
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/associateshop.html

Sherman 22-05-2004 11:02 AM

electric wheelbarrow?

"Wilmoe" wrote in message
The product I have in mind would probably be better described as an
electrically driven wheelbarrow. The motor would assist in the moving of a
loaded wheelbarrow, as opposed to using the electrics to dump it. I would

sure
appreciate one since nearly all my landscaped area is only accessed by

wheeling
the goods all around the house ..uphill all the way.

Bill

There is a product here that is a jpower-driven cart:
http://www.countryhomeproducts.com/T...ome&LinkType=2

Sherman

David Hill 22-05-2004 03:02 PM

electric wheelbarrow?

At one time someone came up with a "Hover barrow" on the same principle as
the hovercraft. Good on soft and muddy ground.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries