Old 22-05-2004, 03:02 AM
US

Default cat problem ....PLEASE HELP !!??

I put evergreen/fir branches down in the garden - the cats won't go near
them since they get a nose/paw/butt full of prickly needles. I get them
free from our Christmas tree recycling park, but if you have evergreen trees
you can just trim some branches off. This is the only thing that has worked
for me.

Old 22-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Bill Spohn

I put evergreen/fir branches down in the garden - the cats won't go near
them since they get a nose/paw/butt full of prickly needles.

Use Araucaria branches and NO ONE (including me) will go near them!!
Old 23-05-2004, 07:11 AM
Janice

On Wed, 19 May 2004 22:55:54 -0600, "tmtresh"
wrote:

someone in your area has bred cat-eating squirrels? :-)

Don't know, but it is quite funny. None of them eat the other, but chase
nontheless (maybe it has something to do with territory). I cheer when the
squirrel gets the better of the cat.

I'd want a herd of Maine Coon Cats to eat the squirrels.. man I hate
squirrels like y'all seem to hate cats LOL

Old 24-05-2004, 06:03 AM
Henry Etta

A shotgun seems to work well.

Henry Etta

"McQualude" wrote in message
David Kotschessa said:

I've seen just about every solution proposed that doesn't involve
talking to the stupid cat person first.

The OP had already mentioned that she has tried talking to the neighbor in
the past.
--
McQualude

Old 25-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Michelle

speaking of rodents getting the better of cats I have this refugee
hampster that was given to my kids by another kid and unfortunatly I
was not home to intercept this action but my husband let the kids keep
it. the cat had a habit of sticking his paw in between the bars and
taunting the hampster. I did try to stop the cat in my own defense
but once the cat was sitting and watching the ampster and they were
having a stare down and the cat swished his tail into the bars Well
needless to say the hamster struck and attached him self the cat and
the cat jumped down and actually pulled the hamster right through the
bars and ran all around the living room yowling and pitching a fit.
we finally caught him and when we did the hamster was still attached
to the end of the cats tail. amazingly not much damage was done but
the cat never went near the hamster again. and the hamster lived
another year and a half in smug satisfaction
Talk about taking the tiger by the tail.
He He
michelle

Old 06-06-2004, 04:02 AM
Ed Clarke

In article , David Hill wrote:
When this problem came up "Yet again" on uk.rec.gardening
One very good idea was to put in a small sand pit/box about 3 or 4 ft square
for the cats to use, they will go to it rather than the soil as long as it
is kept clean.
You could suggest this to your neighbour, otherwise put on in in your garden
where the cats will find it easily, whilst you will still have mess to
clear, it will be in one place and they wont be damaging the rest of the
garden.

And then take a long shovel and flip the cat turds back over the fence.
Extra points if you can get them in an open window... Or stuck to the
owner's walls.

Old 06-06-2004, 04:04 AM
Blues Ma

Ed Clarke wrote:

In article , David Hill wrote:
When this problem came up "Yet again" on* uk.rec.gardening
One very good idea was to put in a small sand pit/box about 3 or 4 ft square
for the cats to use, they will go to it rather than the soil as long as it
is kept clean.
You could suggest this to your neighbour, otherwise put on in in your garden
where the cats will find it easily, whilst you will still have mess to
clear, it will be in one place and they wont be damaging the rest of the
garden.

And then take a long shovel and flip the cat turds back over the fence.
Extra points if you can get them in an open window...* Or stuck to the
owner's walls.

Ooooo
Were you watching when i did that* ?
*