GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What's a good way to grow peonies? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/61802-whats-good-way-grow-peonies.html)

Training 20-05-2004 06:03 PM

What's a good way to grow peonies?

Give me your best advice. What are better -- Chinese or Japanese Peonies?

Vox Humana 20-05-2004 07:03 PM

What's a good way to grow peonies?

"Training" wrote in message
om...
Give me your best advice. What are better -- Chinese or Japanese Peonies?

Here is some good general information:
http://www.msue.msu.edu/msue/imp/modzz/00001021.html

It is hard to give advice since we don't know where you live. .

Ann 21-05-2004 03:02 AM

What's a good way to grow peonies?

(Training) expounded:

Give me your best advice. What are better -- Chinese or Japanese Peonies?

Where are you? Both are wonderful plants, depends on what your
conditions are.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

J. Del Col 21-05-2004 03:04 PM

(Training) wrote in message . com...
Give me your best advice. What are better -- Chinese or Japanese Peonies?

Where do you live? Peonies need a good chilling period in the winter.

Are you talking about herbaceous peonies or tree peonies?

Excellent peony hybrids have been produced in several countries.
Which is best for you depends on your tastes and the environment in
which you plan to grow them, not their country of origin.

J. Del Col

Henry Etta 24-05-2004 06:02 AM

What's a good way to grow peonies?

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
(Training) wrote in message
. com...
Give me your best advice. What are better -- Chinese or Japanese Peonies?

Where do you live? Peonies need a good chilling period in the winter.

Are you talking about herbaceous peonies or tree peonies?

Excellent peony hybrids have been produced in several countries.
Which is best for you depends on your tastes

Oh, I didn't know that they were edible, I'll have to try some in my salad.

Henry Etta

Ann 24-05-2004 11:02 AM

What's a good way to grow peonies?

"Henry Etta" expounded:

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
om...
(Training) wrote in message
. com...
Give me your best advice. What are better -- Chinese or Japanese Peonies?

Where do you live? Peonies need a good chilling period in the winter.

Are you talking about herbaceous peonies or tree peonies?

Excellent peony hybrids have been produced in several countries.
Which is best for you depends on your tastes

Oh, I didn't know that they were edible, I'll have to try some in my salad.

Henry Etta

Do that. And let us know how your hospital stay is.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA