GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Like Wild Honeysuckle collectibles? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/61826-like-wild-honeysuckle-collectibles.html)

daren pelletier 21-05-2004 04:06 AM

Like Wild Honeysuckle collectibles?

Nice Southern Living collectible wild honeysuckle plate on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Vox Humana 21-05-2004 03:04 PM

Like Wild Honeysuckle collectibles?

"daren pelletier" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Nice Southern Living collectible wild honeysuckle plate on ebay:

Wild honeysuckle is considered a noxious weed in my area.

The Watcher 21-05-2004 06:05 PM

On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:53:33 GMT, "Vox Humana" wrote:

"daren pelletier" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Nice Southern Living collectible wild honeysuckle plate on ebay:

Wild honeysuckle is considered a noxious weed in my area.

It's blooming here now, and I love it. I transplanted some to my place last year
and I'll be spreading it to more spots next year. ;)

Rich McKinney 21-05-2004 11:10 PM

Like Wild Honeysuckle collectibles?

I noticed that when I moved to NC from Michigan. I had Honeysuckle on both
sides of my front porch, and loved the smell as you get to the front door.
When I got here to NC, I searched in all the nurseries for some for my front
porch here. No luck -- nobody sells "that weed".

So I found a nice patch growing up the phone pole, and with my pocket knive
and a dixie cup, now have my Honeysuckle.

--
Rich McKinney
Reply to

Vox Humana 22-05-2004 12:03 AM

Like Wild Honeysuckle collectibles?

"Rich McKinney" wrote in message
om...
I noticed that when I moved to NC from Michigan. I had Honeysuckle on

both
sides of my front porch, and loved the smell as you get to the front door.
When I got here to NC, I searched in all the nurseries for some for my

front
porch here. No luck -- nobody sells "that weed".

So I found a nice patch growing up the phone pole, and with my pocket

knive
and a dixie cup, now have my Honeysuckle.

The stuff I'm talking about could bring down your house.
Lonicera maackii Amur Honeysuckle
http://www.hcs.ohio-state.edu/hcs/TM.../lo_ackii.html

Mike Prager 23-05-2004 08:03 PM

Vox Humana wrote:

"daren pelletier" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Nice Southern Living collectible wild honeysuckle plate on ebay:

Wild honeysuckle is considered a noxious weed in my area.

Right. The one on the plate is a native azalea, not a true
honeysuckle. Its name comes from its sweet fragrance.

Mike Prager
Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a)
(Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)