GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Some mofo animals eat sprouted melons (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/61900-some-mofo-animals-eat-sprouted-melons.html)

Ignoramus29346 22-05-2004 05:06 AM

Some mofo animals eat sprouted melons

I planted a few melons on a nice topsoil hill on a sunny
location. But, somehow, as soon as the seeds sprout, they are eaten by
some disgusting animals. If, due to luck, the sporouted seed grows a
little bit, those animals lose interest and the plant conrinues to
grow. Any idea what I can do to stop it.

Pat Kiewicz 22-05-2004 12:02 PM

Ignoramus29346 said:

I planted a few melons on a nice topsoil hill on a sunny
location. But, somehow, as soon as the seeds sprout, they are eaten by
some disgusting animals. If, due to luck, the sporouted seed grows a
little bit, those animals lose interest and the plant conrinues to
grow. Any idea what I can do to stop it.

Put a cap of bird netting or hardware cloth over your seeds hills to exclude
birds. They are my biggest problem when it comes to sprouting seeds.

(attributed to Don Marti)

styxx374 25-05-2004 06:04 PM

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message .com...
Sound like another attack of the dreaded melon collies!!!!

snip

*groan* That was BAD!