GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   oops (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/62000-oops.html)

enigma 23-05-2004 02:02 PM

oops

any ideas on differentiating between squash, pumpkin & gourd
seedlings? i have 75 plants in starter trays, 3 kinds of gourds,
3 kinds of pumpkins, watermelon (those i can tell apart!) &
butternut squash... my darling cough 3.5 year old removed the
labels.
i suppose it doesn't matter too much as they all like the same
garden culture, but i was just wondering if i have to wait all
season to see what is what?
lee

Cheryl Isaak 23-05-2004 03:03 PM

oops

On 5/23/04 8:19 AM, in article ,
"enigma" wrote:

any ideas on differentiating between squash, pumpkin & gourd
seedlings? i have 75 plants in starter trays, 3 kinds of gourds,
3 kinds of pumpkins, watermelon (those i can tell apart!) &
butternut squash... my darling cough 3.5 year old removed the
labels.
i suppose it doesn't matter too much as they all like the same
garden culture, but i was just wondering if i have to wait all
season to see what is what?
lee

Oh dear - isn't gardening with kids fun!
Cheryl