GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Transplanting Beans (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/62062-transplanting-beans.html)

Beaner 24-05-2004 08:02 AM

Transplanting Beans

Haven't seen any posts about transplanting beans. I've started some bush
beans in peat pots.

Anything that I need to be concerned with?

TIA,

Beaner

Ann 24-05-2004 11:03 AM

Transplanting Beans

"Beaner" expounded:

Haven't seen any posts about transplanting beans. I've started some bush
beans in peat pots.

Anything that I need to be concerned with?

TIA,

Beaner

Don't disturb the roots at all, beans resent it. Don't leave them in
there until they are totally rootbound, either, get them planted as
soon as you can. Peel the top of the pot off so water doesn't wick
away from the roots and plant the whole thing.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

SAS567 25-05-2004 02:04 AM

Transplanting Beans

Haven't seen any posts about transplanting beans. I've started some bush
beans in peat pots.

Anything that I need to be concerned with?

My Dad (83yrs. old) buys bean plants from the local nursery and they do fine
every year.
Sue in Mi. (zone 5)