Old 25-05-2004, 02:04 AM
Joy Hardie

Default ALL State Fair Listings- Garden Contest in Mi.

I live in Michigan so please pardon my predudice in letting you know
that it has just announced the re-introduction of a NEW category of
competition this year.... Section IV Greenery starting on Pg.
28.....it includes garden flowers and greenery specifically for the
average green thumb.....houseplants, arrangements, specialties and
hanging baskets.
http://www.michigan.gov/mda/0,1607,7...019---,00.html

As for those of you that don't live in Michigan, here is a listing of
All the State Fairs I could locate. NOW is the
time to get the Premium Books…. they tell you what categories of
competition there are, what prizes are being offered and how to enter.
Don't be intimidated…Show off your talents!
The fairs contain competitions in Community Arts categories of
cooking, sewing and stitching of all sorts, baking and more so I have
posted in my newgroups that I thought might like this information
because they have so often been helpful to me.
I might seem over-enthusiastic about sharing information about state
fairs…. but only because it took me over a decade to figure out that I
could enter them and a few more years to learn how…..I just thought I
could help make the process easier for you by giving you the basic
information. I had so much fun participating in the Michigan State
Fair last year that I don't want anyone to have a hard time entering
the fair of his or her choice. Go for it! Have fun! Good Luck!
Joy Hardie

2003 Michigan State Fair Exhibitor of the Year

Alabama -
http://www.expocentral.com/agricultu...s_Alabama.html
Alaska / Tanana Valley State Fair - http://www.tananavalleyfair.org/
Alaska State Fair - http://www.anchorage.net/744.cfm