GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/62344-bone-blood-meal-mad-cow-disease.html)

Bill Oliver 04-06-2004 04:03 PM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article ,
Tom Jaszewski X-No-Archive: yes wrote:
Like billbo is a shill?

Oh, good. The crazies are coming out of the woodwork. My
favorite anti-science netstalker returns. Still peddling
hysteria for personal gain, Tom?

Take your your sock puppets, your aliases, and
your multiple personalities and stalk someone
else for awhile.

billo

Bill Oliver 04-06-2004 04:07 PM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article ,
Will wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 01:20:37 -0000, I found this from
(Bill Oliver) :

And that's Dr. Oliver, to you.

Who did you say you wrked for?

I didn't. Not only is it irrelevant, but my opinions
are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of
my employer, or any official, Office, Agency or
similar entity.

billo

Bill Oliver 04-06-2004 04:11 PM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article ,
Janet Baraclough.. wrote:
The message
from (Bill Oliver) contains these words:

In fact, a 1996 estimate is a good place to start, since
the risk has gone down since then.

The risk of eating BSE-infected beef in Britain, has gone down since
then. That is not the same as saying, that the incidence of nv CJD
infection will decrease, because a) virtually all the meat-eating
population of the UK was exposed to BSE for at least a decade and B) we
still don't know the incubation period, or what other factors activate a
dormant infection.

Here's a homework assignment for you. There is good evidence
to believe that most people (who are not Japanese) are simply
immune to vCJD. *One hundred percent* of people who have
acquired vCJD have one specific thing in common, which is
found in only 37% of Caucasians (and, alas, in 95% of
Japanese).

What is it? How does that fit into your calculations of
risk?

billo

Ermalina 04-06-2004 07:07 PM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

Bill Oliver wrote:

BLAH BLAH BLAH ....

Ignore the freaking ideologue.

Oh, excuse me! That's "Dr. Freaking Ideologue." Hmmm .... gotta be an
aging "M.D." ;-)

For those who are interested in a SCIENTIFIC review of the state of
prion SCIENCE and its attendant issues in the U.S., here's a link to the
most recent Institute of Medicine (part of the Nat'l Academies of
Science) report, "Advancing Prion Science: Guidance for the National
Prion Research Program (2004)"

http://www.nap.edu/books/0309090601/html/

Here's a direct link to Chapter 5, "Testing Blood for Evidence of Agents
of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies" (pp 108 - 124)

http://books.nap.edu/books/030909060...8.html#pagetop

Bill Oliver 04-06-2004 08:03 PM

Ermalina wrote:
Bill Oliver wrote:

BLAH BLAH BLAH ....

Ignore the freaking ideologue.

http://books.nap.edu/books/030909060...8.html#pagetop

And, interestingly enough, not one single statement in it contradicts
anything I have written, though it *does* contradict much of what you
have claimed -- including your ludicrous doubly false claim that
studies involving CJD are irrelevant because vCJD is not related.

It notes that not one case of transmission of CJD by blood has been
validated. It notes that there has not been an increase in CJD cases
in the face of increasing use of blood products. It notes that case
controlled studies have failed to show a connection between blood
transfusion and CJD. Note particularly the table on page 113.

Note the lookback studies on page 114, as well as the studies on what
one would expect to be high risk patients such as hemophiliacs (again
page 114).

Perhaps you should read these things before you refer to them. You
wouldn't look so silly. Indeed. Ignore the freaking ideologue.
The one running around claiming the sky is falling.

billo

paghat 04-06-2004 08:04 PM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article , Ermalina
wrote:

Bill Oliver wrote:

BLAH BLAH BLAH ....

Ignore the freaking ideologue.

Oh, excuse me! That's "Dr. Freaking Ideologue." Hmmm .... gotta be an
aging "M.D." ;-)

Actually he cuts up dead bodies to pay the rent, has never conveyed much
knowledge of the living. If he seems a little crazy at times, just THINK
about a career spent carving up the dead for crine out loud. The "doctors"
who didn't follow that career path on purpose for reasons of necrophilia,
but were stuck with it because of their general incompetence at health
care for the still-breathing, have just GOT to lose their minds
eventually.

-paghat the ratgirl

For those who are interested in a SCIENTIFIC review of the state of
prion SCIENCE and its attendant issues in the U.S., here's a link to the
most recent Institute of Medicine (part of the Nat'l Academies of
Science) report, "Advancing Prion Science: Guidance for the National
Prion Research Program (2004)"

http://www.nap.edu/books/0309090601/html/

Here's a direct link to Chapter 5, "Testing Blood for Evidence of Agents
of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies" (pp 108 - 124)

http://books.nap.edu/books/030909060...8.html#pagetop

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Bill Oliver 04-06-2004 08:06 PM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article ,
paghat wrote:
In article , Ermalina
wrote:

Bill Oliver wrote:

BLAH BLAH BLAH ....

Ignore the freaking ideologue.

Oh, excuse me! That's "Dr. Freaking Ideologue." Hmmm .... gotta be an
aging "M.D." ;-)

Actually he cuts up dead bodies to pay the rent, has never conveyed much
knowledge of the living. If he seems a little crazy at times, just THINK
about a career spent carving up the dead for crine out loud. The "doctors"
who didn't follow that career path on purpose for reasons of necrophilia,
but were stuck with it because of their general incompetence at health
care for the still-breathing, have just GOT to lose their minds
eventually.

-paghat the ratgirl

It is amusing to watch people when they run out of facts and have
to rely on personal attack and casting aspersions on entire
professions to support their ignorant biases.

billo

Tom Jaszewski 05-06-2004 04:03 PM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:17:55 -0000, (Bill Oliver)
wrote:

In article ,
Tom Jaszewski X-No-Archive: yes wrote:
Like billbo is a shill?

Oh, good. The crazies are coming out of the woodwork. My
favorite anti-science netstalker returns. Still peddling
hysteria for personal gain, Tom?

Take your your sock puppets, your aliases, and
your multiple personalities and stalk someone
else for awhile.

billo

Ouch!

So hurtful!

imagine that, the good doctor victim of so many personal attacks is
actually just another nut following the same path.....

Interesting that anyone daring to reveal your real world links to the
same entities wishing to peddle pseudo science for corporate gain is
considered stalking! I suppose next we'll here Nixon and was also a
victims of stalkers.....

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold

From: Bill Oliver )
Subject: Join the misc.writing KKK today!
Newsgroups: misc.writing

"That's really one of the points, though, Byron. One of the best
ways
ways to attack a position is to ridicule it. Do you also disapprove,
for instance, of "The Producers" with its famous chorous of
"Springtime
for Hitler?"

It's Springtime for Hitler and Germany.
Winter for Poland and France.
We're marching to a different pace!
Look out! Here comes the Master Race!

Oh sure, even to suggest *anything* will be offensive to some. The
fact, however, is that one cannot live one's life by thinking only
those thoughts allowed by the most thin-skinned and easily
offended those of us."

Bill Oliver 06-06-2004 01:05 AM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article ,
Tom Jaszewski X-No-Archive: yes wrote:

[old, old post of mine to another group deleted]

It's nice to know that people spend hours and hours
reading through my old posts from years ago. And
it's good to know that what I write holds up
over time.

But really, Tom, pull up your pants and wash your
hands. You really shouldn't be doing that kind of
thing in public.

Your obsession is flattering in some ways, but
you really are getting kinda creepy.

billo

paghat 06-06-2004 02:02 AM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article , (Bill
Oliver) wrote:

In article ,
Tom Jaszewski X-No-Archive: yes wrote:

[old, old post of mine to another group deleted]

It's nice to know that people spend hours and hours
reading through my old posts from years ago. And
it's good to know that what I write holds up
over time.

But really, Tom, pull up your pants and wash your
hands. You really shouldn't be doing that kind of
thing in public.

Your obsession is flattering in some ways, but
you really are getting kinda creepy.

billo

Gad damn what a fatuous little troll you inevitably make of yourself.

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Visit the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com

Bill Oliver 06-06-2004 03:02 AM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article ,
paghat wrote:
In article , (Bill
Oliver) wrote:

In article ,
Tom Jaszewski X-No-Archive: yes wrote:

[old, old post of mine to another group deleted]

It's nice to know that people spend hours and hours
reading through my old posts from years ago. And
it's good to know that what I write holds up
over time.

But really, Tom, pull up your pants and wash your
hands. You really shouldn't be doing that kind of
thing in public.

Your obsession is flattering in some ways, but
you really are getting kinda creepy.

billo

Gad damn what a fatuous little troll you inevitably make of yourself.

Uh huh. As opposed to people like you an Tommy, who follow posters
around doing nothing but personal attacks? You and your obsessive
little buddy go stalk someone else.

billo

paghat 06-06-2004 04:04 AM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article , (Bill
Oliver) wrote:

In article ,
paghat wrote:
In article ,
(Bill
Oliver) wrote:

In article ,
Tom Jaszewski X-No-Archive: yes wrote:

[old, old post of mine to another group deleted]

It's nice to know that people spend hours and hours
reading through my old posts from years ago. And
it's good to know that what I write holds up
over time.

But really, Tom, pull up your pants and wash your
hands. You really shouldn't be doing that kind of
thing in public.

Your obsession is flattering in some ways, but
you really are getting kinda creepy.

billo

Gad damn what a fatuous little troll you inevitably make of yourself.

Uh huh. As opposed to people like you an Tommy, who follow posters
around doing nothing but personal attacks? You and your obsessive
little buddy go stalk someone else.

billo

I'm assuming your show of a deep & profound paranoia is a put-on & you're
not actually as severely mentally ill as you continuously portray
yourself. I still view you as purely & exclusively "Trolly trolly trolly,"
though obviously a certifiable fruitcake might occasionally be mistaken
for a mere troll. If you DO believe this kind of I'm Being Netstalked
crap, my sincere condolences to your family, who must suffer daily due to
such fantastical delusions of persecution -- for as an authentic paranoid
you would not restrict your weird beliefs to just the one lunatic
conviction you're being stalked whenever your usual trolly antics gain you
no more or less than is entirely merited.

Bill Oliver 08-06-2004 04:09 PM

Bone/ Blood Meal and Mad Cow Disease

In article ,
paghat wrote:
In article , (Bill

I'm assuming your show of a deep & profound paranoia is a put-on & you're
not actually as severely mentally ill as you continuously portray
yourself. I still view you as purely & exclusively "Trolly trolly trolly,"

I'll tell you what, paghat, instead of obsessing with chasing me around
newsgroups in order to insult me, why don't you try addressing the
issue. Show us your knowledge and insight into the subject.

I have challenged the hysterics to find a fact about vCJD. Let's see
if you are up to the task. There's something that *all* victims of
vCJD have in common that only about 37% of Caucasians have in common.
What is that thing, and how does it fit into your risk calculation?

Or, you can continue to obsess about my posts and continue to follow me
around from thread to thread and newsgroup to newsgroup.

Your choice, of course.

billo