GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pruning lilacs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/62714-pruning-lilacs.html)

Romy Beeck 30-05-2004 06:02 PM

pruning lilacs

Can anyone tell me when the best time to prune lilacs. Some say: right after
they bloom and die. Some say early spring
I would love more info becouse my lilacs have been very short in blooming
the last few years. THANK YOU

Mike LaMana 30-05-2004 06:05 PM

pruning lilacs

I say right after bloom, before they go to seed, and before the summer
solstice. This will lead to the best allocation to new types of buds for the
plant.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC