Old 30-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Romy Beeck

Default pruning lilacs

Can anyone tell me when the best time to prune lilacs. Some say: right after
they bloom and die. Some say early spring
I would love more info becouse my lilacs have been very short in blooming
the last few years. THANK YOU

Old 30-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Mike LaMana

I say right after bloom, before they go to seed, and before the summer
solstice. This will lead to the best allocation to new types of buds for the
plant.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

Old 31-05-2004, 02:04 AM
Grandpa

We trim ours right after they bloom and they are as hearty as they could be.

Romy Beeck wrote:

Can anyone tell me when the best time to prune lilacs. Some say: right after
they bloom and die. Some say early spring
I would love more info becouse my lilacs have been very short in blooming
the last few years. THANK YOU

[IMG] code is On

lilacs & flowering bushy things Arwen Long North Carolina 5 14-10-2003 09:39 PM
Do lilacs grow here? Elizabeth North Carolina 6 29-05-2003 06:23 AM
lilacs & flowering bushy things Arwen Long North Carolina 4 01-05-2003 06:46 PM
Lilacs Evan Wood Gardening 12 11-04-2003 06:20 PM
Lilacs-Atlanta Nina Salkin Gardening 9 07-02-2003 10:53 PM