GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help in removing Bouganvilla; do all roots need to come up? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/62742-help-removing-bouganvilla%3B-do-all-roots-need-come-up.html)

Jack 31-05-2004 12:03 AM

Help in removing Bouganvilla; do all roots need to come up?

I've got two Bouganvilla's that I'm (trying) to remove:) They're very
mature; each has 6-10 two to four inch diameter branches, and some
hefty roots, too. I've been digging out around them, and some of the
roots go under my walkway, and possibly the foundation.
-If I cut the roots off where they go under the walkway, I presume
they'll just die off?
-Should I be concerned with the dead roots attracting termites, and
try to remove them?
-How important is it that I get all of the roots up?
-Would applying Roundup to the roots themselves help?
Thanks!