GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   wilted aloe leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/63978-wilted-aloe-leaves.html)

moonpie 10-06-2004 05:37 PM

wilted aloe leaves

I've recently tried to divide my aloe plant because it was getting overcrowded and I think I overwatered it. Now the stems (leaves) are all wilted looking and bent. It doesn't look dead yet but I was wondering what I should do to make sure it doesn't die.

Phisherman 10-06-2004 07:02 PM

wilted aloe leaves

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:55:33 GMT, moonpie
wrote:

I've recently tried to divide my aloe plant because it was getting
overcrowded and I think I overwatered it. Now the stems (leaves) are
all wilted looking and bent. It doesn't look dead yet but I was
wondering what I should do to make sure it doesn't die.

Take it out of the pot, lay it on its side onto newspaper in a
well-ventilated area and let it dry out for a week. Following a
transplant succulents, unlike most plants, should be left dry for a
week or two before they are watered. Use a clay pot with a potting
mix that contains sharp sand. Do not allow the plant to sit in the
saucer with water.