GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mulch (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/64689-mulch.html)

Racerboy 16-06-2004 12:04 AM

Mulch

Would I have any problems mulching my vegetable garden (for weed control)
with dry grass clippings from my compost pile?
I would like to spread it on about six inches thick.
Thanks

David J Bockman 16-06-2004 01:02 PM

Mulch

The only problems would be if the grass is not totally dry, and you get that
matting effect as the center turns into a smelly gooey black mass, as well
as the possibility that you are transferring weed seeds into the veggie
garden.

Dave