Old 16-06-2004, 02:02 AM
Roy

Default Anyone have Creeping Fig planted aorund their place?

Am looking for a good evergreen fairly fast growoing vine to cover up
my chimney in the shaded side of the property. Had considered
dutchmans pipe, english ivy and creeping fig. I know a lot of homes
in europe is literlly covered in creeping fig.

Anyone in this forum familiar with or utilize this plant? Pros and
cons appreciated.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 16-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Jim Lewis

"Roy" wrote in message
Am looking for a good evergreen fairly fast growoing vine to

cover up
my chimney in the shaded side of the property. Had considered
dutchmans pipe, english ivy and creeping fig. I know a lot of

homes
in europe is literlly covered in creeping fig.

Anyone in this forum familiar with or utilize this plant? Pros

and
cons appreciated.

Er, where do you live? Creeping fig doesn't do well everywhere.
But it WILL prefer sun.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

Old 17-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Roy

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:47:15 -0400, "Jim Lewis"
wrote:

===
==="Roy" wrote in message
t...
=== Am looking for a good evergreen fairly fast growoing vine to
===cover up
=== my chimney in the shaded side of the property. Had considered
=== dutchmans pipe, english ivy and creeping fig. I know a lot of
===homes
=== in europe is literlly covered in creeping fig.
===
=== Anyone in this forum familiar with or utilize this plant? Pros
===and
=== cons appreciated.
===
===
===Er, where do you live? Creeping fig doesn't do well everywhere.
===But it WILL prefer sun.
===
===Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
===are like genealogists: We know our roots!

Bout 100 miles north of the Gulf Coast in Alabama........I would
imagine it should do fine here as the nursery says it sells a ton of
the stuff every year.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

[IMG] code is On

Spreading plants have their place in landscape [email protected] Gardening 0 09-04-2008 03:38 PM
Creeping Fig and watering habits and sunlight JayDee Gardening 0 30-03-2008 08:12 PM
Getting creeping fig to stick! JayDee Gardening 5 01-01-2008 07:14 AM
Creeping Fig JayDee Gardening 3 29-11-2007 05:01 AM
Creeping fig vine parasitic? GreenG Gardening 9 01-04-2004 08:05 PM