GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fish Emulsion Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/64708-fish-emulsion-question.html)

Lawrence Bullock 16-06-2004 03:02 AM

Fish Emulsion Question

A friend told me that she commonly gives her plants a tremendous amount of
fish emulsion, sometimes not even bothering to dilute. She says she's never
had any trouble with the plants burning and they produce like crazy.

Any comments?

Garrapata 16-06-2004 01:02 PM

Fish Emulsion Question

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:04:29 -0700, "Lawrence Bullock"
wrote:

A friend told me that she commonly gives her plants a tremendous amount of
fish emulsion, sometimes not even bothering to dilute. She says she's never
had any trouble with the plants burning and they produce like crazy.

Any comments?

I don't bother to measure carefully, just a glug per gallon, fish is
not a very concentrated fertilizer. I don't think I would like to have
much undiluted fish scattered around my yard but it is probably safe
enough for the plants

--
09 = ix

Phisherman 16-06-2004 09:06 PM

Fish Emulsion Question

wrote:

A friend told me that she commonly gives her plants a tremendous amount of
fish emulsion, sometimes not even bothering to dilute. She says she's never
had any trouble with the plants burning and they produce like crazy.

Any comments?

Indians used to plant each corn kernel with the head of a fish. I
don't measure, just use about a tablespoon to a gallon of water. I
use it on roses, most herbs, and (outdoor) cacti.

Travis 18-06-2004 08:02 AM

Fish Emulsion Question

Lawrence Bullock wrote:

A friend told me that she commonly gives her plants a tremendous amount of
fish emulsion, sometimes not even bothering to dilute. She says she's never
had any trouble with the plants burning and they produce like crazy.

Any comments?

During the fall rainy season I dump lots of barely diluted 5-1-1 fish
fertilizer around my bamboos and they are growing like crazy.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington