Old 22-06-2004, 04:04 PM
MisNomer

Default Bush and his religion?

Just because his name is Bush doesn't qualify him for "on topic" in a gardening
group.

take care
Liz

Old 22-06-2004, 06:03 PM

yeah, but it is only one of a handful in the country and I cant get it locally.
INGRID

"rosie read and post" wrote:

:........................ We are slowly losing every radio station,
: television station, and every part between.

http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/globalDefault.htm

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 23-06-2004, 03:07 PM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Seems about right for the idiots who not only
pretend to care, but then butcher the language to make it worse.

Don't call tree mutilators or people who mutilate things butchers. Butchers
are highly skilled people.

--
Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com

Old 23-06-2004, 03:08 PM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

This is making me sick.

I agree with you, we have protected old growth, pristine forest in

Northern
Idaho, what does Bush want to do, allow roads to be build through it.

For what? He says it is to allow fire fighters better access but what he
really wants to do is open the forests to logging.

As we build more roads or fire ditches, we prune tree 3 (see diagram 231).
You can overprune tree 1, and tree 2, and also tree 3. I believe we are
seeing this in our time. What is the solution? Close most of the roads!
One of the biggest parks in Europe is doing just that! So it can be done.
It is a sound treatment for health of a forest or park. Roads change the
pathways of water, allow grass to compete with trees, and disrupt the
mycorrhizae and other tree associates. And when trees get sick, all the
associates of trees also get sick. Ask a koala! See Modern Arboriculture
(the book)

I believe that we have to leave large areas of land undeveloped and

unlogged
for the benefit of the wildlife and plantlife that live there.

I back that up with researchers publications
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/index.html

That is their
home and they need it (habitat) to exist.

Humans wouldn't want someone to destroy their only way to survive!

This entire area (the Northwest) is being destroyed by over development,

we
have bears, moose, cougar, deer and many other creatures coming into the
cities because they have no where else to go. Sometimes they are captured
and released away from the city but usually they are just killed.

Bush believes that the bible "God" gave the Earth to the humans to do with
it as they please.

Bush has no scientist that support commercial logging on federal public
land. Now what faith will win the election? One might ask just what is
meant by cutting the wood out of the once fertile forest.
See "LOGGING - What it is"
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/sound
for starters
also use
www.treedictionary.com

Ezekiel 39:10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut
down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fi and
they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them,
saith the Lord GOD.

Man's first responsibility was to care for the garden, (Genesis 2-15).

God even cares about the sparrows.

We need to hold on to what we got.

Old 23-06-2004, 03:10 PM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Bush believes that the bible "God" gave the Earth to the humans to do
with
it as they please.

Now we know why politics and religion don't mix.

Rev 7.3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we
have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Humic acids slow decomposition reactions in soils.

Old 23-06-2004, 03:11 PM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"MisNomer" wrote in message
Just because his name is Bush doesn't qualify him for "on topic" in a

gardening
group.

take care
Liz

No but his poor creation care pertaining to the once fertle forest is.

Old 23-06-2004, 03:12 PM
escapee

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:19:47 GMT, "Vox Humana" opined:

"escapee" wrote in message
.. .
I was just saying that to Mark last night. The igits on Fox are literally
giving Moore millions and millions of dollars worth of free press.

It is the same as when the press gave Mel Gibson billion$ in free
advertising for his biblical S&M epic.

I won't watch that Gibson film. Not now, anyway. I have a really hard time
with violent images. The Moore film has violent images also, but I want to
support that film, so will go see it and buy the DVD. I will do a lot of eyes
closing.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?
Old 23-06-2004, 03:13 PM
escapee

I listen on their website. I don't get it here, either. Eventually we'll buy a
satellite radio, but not just yet.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:25:57 GMT, opined:

"rosie read and post" wrote:

:........................ We are slowly losing every radio station,
: television station, and every part between.

http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/globalDefault.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Old 23-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Vox Humana

"escapee" wrote in message
I listen on their website. I don't get it here, either. Eventually we'll

buy a
satellite radio, but not just yet.

We got a Sirius satellite radio last fall and are very pleased with the
service and programming. Sirius has two NPR and one PRI stream as well as
Sirius Left, a politically left oriented talk station. In addition there is
Sirius OutQ that has a lot of politically left leaning programing. Sirius
carries Air America, also. The competition, XM satellite radio, is
partially owned by Clear Channel. The last time I looked, Clear Channel was
the fifth largest stock holder and their CEO is on the board at XM radio.
That is a deal killer for me.

Old 23-06-2004, 10:02 PM
escapee

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:58:33 GMT, "Vox Humana" opined:

"escapee" wrote in message
.. .
I listen on their website. I don't get it here, either. Eventually we'll

buy a
satellite radio, but not just yet.

We got a Sirius satellite radio last fall and are very pleased with the
service and programming. Sirius has two NPR and one PRI stream as well as
Sirius Left, a politically left oriented talk station. In addition there is
Sirius OutQ that has a lot of politically left leaning programing. Sirius
carries Air America, also. The competition, XM satellite radio, is
partially owned by Clear Channel. The last time I looked, Clear Channel was
the fifth largest stock holder and their CEO is on the board at XM radio.
That is a deal killer for me.

Yes, that's why we are waiting before spending a few hundred on the radio. As
long as I can listen online it's fine. They have an excellent feed for their
station on their website. I have remote speakers in the house so I can go
anywhere within a certain distance and still hear the computer.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?

Old 23-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Vox Humana

"escapee" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:58:33 GMT, "Vox Humana"
opined:

"escapee" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I do the same thing with Sirius. You can listen to Sirius OutQ online
without a subscription. www.siriusoutq.com
They ask for an email address and zip code, but fake ones work just fine.
You might be very interested in the show that runs from 2:00 to 6:00 pm
Eastern time. With a subscription, you can listen to all the music streams
online with a password. Our receiver is in one of the cars. You can often
get deals on radios. You can get a radio for $49.00 at this link:
http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...=1077744929995

Old 24-06-2004, 01:02 AM
D Ray

We got a Sirius satellite radio last fall and are very pleased with the
service and programming. Sirius has two NPR and one PRI stream as well as
Sirius Left, a politically left oriented talk station. In addition there is
Sirius OutQ that has a lot of politically left leaning programing. Sirius
carries Air America, also. The competition, XM satellite radio, is
partially owned by Clear Channel. The last time I looked, Clear Channel was
the fifth largest stock holder and their CEO is on the board at XM radio.
That is a deal killer for me.

You should get yourself more informed. Clear Channel has hedged their
entire position and have been trying to get out of XM for more than a
year now. They no longer have a board member.

It doesn't matter, however. XM was never a strategic partner for CCU;
and CCU has had zero influence on the programming. XM's music is far
superior to Sirius', and EITHER is far superior (as in multiple orders
of magnitude) to anything you'll find on FM.

It is sort of bizarre to proclaim your opposition to a product on the
basis of who the company's shareholders are. While you can boycott
for whatever reasons, you do so at your own disadvantage.
Old 24-06-2004, 03:02 AM
Ermalina

D Ray wrote:

We got a Sirius satellite radio last fall and are very pleased with the
service and programming. Sirius has two NPR and one PRI stream as well as
Sirius Left, a politically left oriented talk station. In addition there is
Sirius OutQ that has a lot of politically left leaning programing. Sirius
carries Air America, also. The competition, XM satellite radio, is
partially owned by Clear Channel. The last time I looked, Clear Channel was
the fifth largest stock holder and their CEO is on the board at XM radio.
That is a deal killer for me.

You should get yourself more informed. Clear Channel has hedged their
entire position and have been trying to get out of XM for more than a
year now. They no longer have a board member.

1. When did Clear Channel dump its 8.3M shares? CCU filed a "Planned
Sale" a year ago but I see no indication that it's sold.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=XMSR

2. When did Clear Channel CFO [and founder-CEO-spawn], Randall Mays,
leave the XM Board of Directors? According to his Clear Channel bio:

"Randall serves on the Board of Directors for XM Satellite Radio."

http://www.clearchannel.com/Corporat...aysRandall.pdf
Old 24-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Vox Humana

"D Ray" wrote in message
m...

[...]

I'm going on the information they filed with the SEC at the time I made my
purchase. Everyone should do their own research. If you look at their
quarterly report filed on March 31, 2004, you will see that there is still a
very tight knit relationship with Clear Channel and it's Premiere Radio
network. That same report states the following: "Randall Mays, a member of
our board of directors, is Executive Vice President and Chief Financial
Officer of Clear Channel Communications. " The fact that they are involved
with XM is enough for me. I don't claim that Clear Channel is micromanaging
the show content, but I think we all know Clear Channel's political agenda
and that going against the interests of one of your major stock holders and
the wishes of a board member isn't a good strategy. I don't care to
contribute to the RNC or the Bush reelection campaign. Since Clear Channel
is or was a major stock holder and occupies a seat on the XM board, it only
makes sense that part of the proffits or appreciaiton in the stock value
would benefit Clear Channel. I don't look at this as a boycott. It is
making a choice based on my personal value system. I haven't listened to
XM, so I can't personally comment on the quality of their music programming.
Let's face it, there is only so many recording by so many artists. When you
have over 120 streams of music and entertainment going 24/7 I don't see how
there could be much difference. I also understand that XM has commercials
on their music streams and Sirius does not. Frankly, I didn't get satellite
radio to listen to music. The right wing gleefully boycotts everything
Disney, and I have no problem with that. I think everyone should be aware of
the consequences of making a purchase. There is no point in spending money
that will eventually be used to support cases that you don't agree with or
which you feel will cause harm.

You can see the XM quarterly report and all their other filings on the SEC's
website. Here is a link to the report
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...82454/d10q.htm

Old 24-06-2004, 03:06 AM
Vox Humana

"Ermalina" wrote in message
D Ray wrote:

[...]

Exactly. If this all happened, they are in big trouble because they didn't
file with the SEC. I searched the EDGAR database over at SEC.gov and I
didn't see any mention of the transaction.
http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-ed...wner=inclu de