GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Miniature Iris (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/66649-miniature-iris.html)

JorgNS 18-06-2004 05:12 AM

Miniature Iris

Are there any mail-order sites where I can purchase miniature irises? I've
never seen one, but I've been told they exist!

Cereus-validus 18-06-2004 05:13 AM

Miniature Iris

I have seen miniature Irises and have grown them.

So, I can confirm that they do exist.

Have you done a google search?

peter_may_day 18-06-2004 07:02 AM

Miniature Iris

http://www.schreinersgardens.com/

I ordered some minatures from them about 8yrs ago for an estate I worked on.
They were wonderful little things! flowered remakably early in the year.

--
peter_may_day

To email me, remove underwear, and insert, my name

Directory of unlisted phone numbers

madgardener 18-06-2004 11:02 AM

Miniature Iris

Dutch gardens for Iris reticulata or www.dutchgardens.com . Look also in
nursery catalogs or online sites of nurseries for crested irises, or I.
cristata, I. tectorum, or I. prismaticae. www.iriscitygardens.com is one
source for them. There is also Iris bucharica, and Iris histrioides
Katherarine Hodgskin, found at www.johnscheepers.com, and you can also try
for www.mcclureandzimmerman.com
madgardener who has reticulata and bucharica

Starlord 18-06-2004 05:02 PM

Miniature Iris

There are also small beaded iris, I hope to intro one within another 2
years after I grow enough of it. Is one of the first beaded iris to
bloom.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

"JorgNS" wrote in message
Are there any mail-order sites where I can purchase miniature

irises?
I've
never seen one, but I've been told they exist!

---