GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID this woody vine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/66729-id-woody-vine.html)

Joe 19-06-2004 05:02 PM

ID this woody vine

Can anyone help id this vine:

http://www.joekaz.net/photos/whatsth...l/index_0.html

I'm in zone 6, NJ, USA. It develops long woody shoots that wind
their way up into the trees. Most of the vines are up to 1/2"
diameter, but I found one that was about 2". It's growth habits
seem too aggressive for it to be a native, and I think contributed
to a few trees blowing down in storms.

--
Joe
http://www.joekaz.net/

Mark 19-06-2004 11:02 PM

ID this woody vine

In article ,
says...
http://www.joekaz.net/photos/whatsth...l/index_0.html

The "fruit" in the first picture appears to be/is similar to
Gooseberry, but I've never known Gooseberry to be a vining
plant.

The leaves in the third picture actually look like Kudzu,
but since they don't match the leaves in the first picture,
I'm presuming it's not actually your vine.
--
Mark

The truth as I perceive it to be.
Your perception may be different.

Triple Z is spam control.

Marley1372 19-06-2004 11:02 PM

ID this woody vine

The second vine(bottom 3 pictures) looks like american bittersweet, Celastrus
scandens. Dead giveaway is the yellowing on the leaves from below, probably
frim euonymus scale. Not sure on the first one.

Toad

Alice B 20-06-2004 05:02 AM

ID this woody vine

http://tinyurl.com/yuz5h