GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   dying tree- can you help? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/66803-dying-tree-can-you-help.html)

Tim G. 21-06-2004 03:02 AM

dying tree- can you help?

http://tinyurl.com/3ekld

Please click above and tell me what kind of tree this is, and if the
lichen that seems to be taking over the bark of this tree is killing
it. It's been a slow year for trees this spring, so I am not sure if
the tree is dying or not. I did prune quite a few dead branches,
however.

The bark is crawling with aphids too. Does this mean anything?

Thanks!

John A. Keslick, Jr. 22-06-2004 11:02 AM

dying tree- can you help?

No the lichens are not killing the tree.

I would do soil maintenace and remove symplastess wood.

I would have to see the tree and take some readings with a SHIHOMTER to
determin vitality.

--
Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com

om...