Old 25-06-2004, 04:02 PM
mary

Default Planting Onion Sets

I live in Pittsburgh,PA, and have some onion bulbs(?) I want to plant. I
like to use the onion with its green stalk for cooking. The ones I am
growing now will probably have to be pulled sometime in July was the tops
fall over. Would July be too early to plant the bulbs? It seems that in the
past when I planted them in the summer they will not grow the green tops,
but the sooner I plant the quicker I can use them. Should I just wait till
September?

Thanks

Tom