GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ravenala or giant bird of paradise ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/67255-ravenala-giant-bird-paradise.html)

Yukinoroh 26-06-2004 01:04 AM

ravenala or giant bird of paradise ?

I thought I bought a ravenala (ravenala madagascariensis), but now I have
doubts it could be a giant bird of paradise (strelitzia nicolai)... Any
ideas on how to identify it correctly ?

(The leaves are fan-shaped, so it is not strelitzia alba/augusta, and are
bigger than those of strelitzia reginae... So I'm left with ravenala and
gbop.)

--
Yukinoroh

Cereus-validus 26-06-2004 02:02 PM

ravenala or giant bird of paradise ?

gbop? Is that anything like bebop or shebop?

Maybe you can wait until it blooms?

Do you have a very high ceiling?

. 233.50...

Yukinoroh 26-06-2004 09:02 PM

ravenala or giant bird of paradise ?

"Cereus-validus" wrote in
m:

gbop? Is that anything like bebop or shebop?

LOL!

I meant, giant bird of paradise (strelitzia nicolai)
;)

Maybe you can wait until it blooms?

Do you have a very high ceiling?

Regular ceiling (°_°) I heard it blooms once in three years too... Or
something near that...

--
Yukinoroh