Old 28-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Karen

Default Hardy Hibiscus hasn't shown sign of life yet.

Hello,

I'm in zone 5.

I bought a hardy hibiscus (the lable said zone 5) from local nursery
last fall, and planted it near a rose of sharon and a mini rose. The
rose has bloomed. The rose of sharon has leaf in its lowe branches.
There is no sign of the hardy hibiscus.

I want to plant another mini rose in its spot. But I don't want to
kill my hardy hibiscus if it's not dead yet. How can I found out?

Thanks.
Old 28-06-2004, 06:02 PM
~Lori

I'm in the same zone and my two hardy hibiscuses (hibisci?) are about 4 feet
tall but not budding yet. If you have nothing at all, maybe it's time to
hold a funeral.
Lori

om...

Old 01-07-2004, 06:02 AM
alice

A hardy Hibiscus is very late about showing signs of life.But I would say if
yours has not shown any life by now I would hold that funeral. I live in
zone 7 and mine is blooming now.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Karen

"alice" wrote in message ...
A hardy Hibiscus is very late about showing signs of life.But I would say if
yours has not shown any life by now I would hold that funeral. I live in
zone 7 and mine is blooming now.

Thanks all.

I dug it out. There wasn't much roots left. It was dead indeed.

I put a Heritage (AUSblush) in its place. Hopefully, it'll live longer
than the hibiscus.

[IMG] code is On

Hasn't beens David United Kingdom 2 23-10-2014 08:59 AM
Allotment agreement with Council - sign or not sign Rajinder Nijjhar United Kingdom 7 20-03-2010 10:05 AM
Potted lotus hasn't come back Kurt[_2_] Ponds (moderated) 2 30-03-2007 04:17 AM
No sign of Life flimbin Roses 8 26-08-2006 11:26 PM
it behaved, you arrived, yet Wednesday never gently cared alongside the sign Peruvian Longshoreman United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 02:56 PM