GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   anyone growing Indian vines? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/78191-anyone-growing-indian-vines.html)

urwelcome 03-07-2004 12:02 AM

anyone growing Indian vines?

Is there any in this group trying to grow 'bitter gourd', 'snake gourd' and
'ridge gourd'? How much water these plants need? What kind of fertilizer is
needed? Has anyone tried growing the "bacchali" vine (it is a telugu word- I
don't know the Hindi or English equivalent)
Thanks

chaz 03-07-2004 06:02 PM

"urwelcome" wrote in message
Is there any in this group trying to grow 'bitter gourd', 'snake gourd'

and
'ridge gourd'? How much water these plants need? What kind of fertilizer

is
needed? Has anyone tried growing the "bacchali" vine (it is a telugu word-

don't know the Hindi or English equivalent)
Thanks

I dont consider myself a gourd expert (or any kind of expert lol) but i have
successfully grown gourds in my corn patch, they seem to do well with a lot
of nitrogen, or mine do anyhow.

chaz