Old 04-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Pepperqueen

Default Leaves on Tomato plant curling up

Hello to all!

I have tomato plants in large pots and tomato plants in my garden plot. The
ones in the garden plot are doing well, smaller than the ones in the
container pots, but..... The ones in the pots look like they're in
trouble??? The leaves are starting to curl up, no sign of yellowing, or
brown or bugs. The soil is triple mix with potting soil, yet the soil in my
garden plot is alot poorer, I don't get it!
Could it be early blight? Any suggestions?
We live in southern Ontario, just moved here in November of 2003.
Thank you,
Deb.
http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com/

Old 04-07-2004, 07:02 PM
George Orwell

Could be the start of some kind of fungal infection (maybe blight or wilt).
I would spray with bordeaux mixture to keep fungus in check. It doesn't
sound like a nutrient defficiency if there is no yellowing or browning.
Maybe excess nutrient? Water excessively with half strength nutrient
solution to wash away any excess salt buildup. Make sure the pH of your
water is 6.5 to 7. Be sure that you have good drainage. Good Luck!

Old 05-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Pepperqueen said:

Hello to all!

I have tomato plants in large pots and tomato plants in my garden plot. The
ones in the garden plot are doing well, smaller than the ones in the
container pots, but..... The ones in the pots look like they're in
trouble??? The leaves are starting to curl up, no sign of yellowing, or
brown or bugs.

Some varieties exhibit leaf roll under stress. It's a genetic trait (wilty gene).
Pots (even large pots) tend to be warmer than the ground. Try doing something
to shade or insulate the pots.

(attributed to Don Marti)