Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old 07-07-2004, 03:31 PM
CAZ CAZ is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2004
Location: CLEVELAND
Posts: 7
Default hey somone must be able to identify this plant

hey i need help to identify this plant my friends mother got it given think its from abrod and think its some sort of swamp orchid can anbody help identify it please we searched loads of books but carnt find it helppppppppppp!
Attached Thumbnails
hey somone must be able to identify this plant-p6250065.jpg  

  #2   Report Post  
Old 07-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Brigitte J.
 
Posts: n/a
Default hey somone must be able to identify this plant


"CAZ" wrote in message
s.com...
hey i need help to identify this plant my friends mother got it given
think its from abrod and think its some sort of swamp orchid can anbody
help identify it please we searched loads of books but carnt find it
helppppppppppp!
+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| Attachment filename: p6250065.jpg |
|View attachment:

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attach...?postid=428799|
+----------------------------------------------------------------+
--
CAZ
------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted via www.GardenBanter.co.uk


I'm no expert, but it sure looks like a plant I have in my front flower beds
called "Balsam".

HTH,
Brigitte


  #3   Report Post  
Old 07-07-2004, 07:00 PM
CAZ CAZ is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2004
Location: CLEVELAND
Posts: 7
Default hey somone must be able to identify this plant

Quote:
Originally posted by Brigitte J.
"CAZ" wrote in message
s.com...
hey i need help to identify this plant my friends mother got it given
think its from abrod and think its some sort of swamp orchid can anbody
help identify it please we searched loads of books but carnt find it
helppppppppppp!
+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| Attachment filename: p6250065.jpg |
|View attachment:

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attach...?postid=428799|
+----------------------------------------------------------------+
--
CAZ
------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted via www.GardenBanter.co.uk


I'm no expert, but it sure looks like a plant I have in my front flower beds
called "Balsam".

HTH,
Brigitte
no i looked up balsam looks diffrent i tryed to get a better pic please someone help find it
Attached Thumbnails
hey somone must be able to identify this plant-p7070027.jpg  
  #4   Report Post  
Old 07-07-2004, 07:02 PM
CAZ CAZ is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2004
Location: CLEVELAND
Posts: 7
Default hey somone must be able to identify this plant

Quote:
Originally posted by CAZ
no i looked up balsam looks diffrent i tryed to get a better pic please someone help find it
and another pic here
Attached Thumbnails
hey somone must be able to identify this plant-p7070028.jpg  
  #5   Report Post  
Old 07-07-2004, 07:26 PM
CAZ CAZ is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2004
Location: CLEVELAND
Posts: 7
Default hey somone must be able to identify this plant

Quote:
Originally posted by CAZ
and another pic here

ok does this help i got a load more pictures please help been trying to fine out what it is and where it from for ages now. the flowers lok like a small rose bud befor opening and have a long pointed bits on the back of the flower as you can see in picture
Attached Thumbnails
hey somone must be able to identify this plant-p7070036.jpg  


  #6   Report Post  
Old 07-07-2004, 07:30 PM
CAZ CAZ is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2004
Location: CLEVELAND
Posts: 7
Default hey somone must be able to identify this plant

Quote:
Originally posted by CAZ
ok does this help i got a load more pictures please help been trying to fine out what it is and where it from for ages now. the flowers lok like a small rose bud befor opening and have a long pointed bits on the back of the flower as you can see in picture

the flowers grow very close to the stem look and the leaves are spiky on the edges but not sharp
Attached Thumbnails
hey somone must be able to identify this plant-p7070030.jpg  
  #7   Report Post  
Old 07-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Marley1372
 
Posts: n/a
Default hey somone must be able to identify this plant

The plant in question is Impatiens balsamena, commonly known as garden balsam.


Toad
  #8   Report Post  
Old 07-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Jim Voege
 
Posts: n/a
Default hey somone must be able to identify this plant


"CAZ" wrote in message
s.com...
Brigitte J. wrote:
*"CAZ" wrote in message
s.com...
hey i need help to identify this plant my friends mother got it

given
think its from abrod and think its some sort of swamp orchid can

anbody
help identify it please we searched loads of books but carnt find

it
helppppppppppp!

+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| Attachment filename: p6250065.jpg

|
|View attachment:

http://tinyurl.com/2v7tq|

+----------------------------------------------------------------+
--
CAZ

------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted via www.GardenBanter.co.uk


I'm no expert, but it sure looks like a plant I have in my front
flower beds
called "Balsam".

HTH,
Brigitte *


no i looked up balsam looks diffrent i tryed to get a better pic please
someone help find it


You sure? It looks pretty close to Impatiens balsamina. Check he

http://plantsdatabase.com/showimage/2561/

Jim





Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone able to identify a citrus rootstock by its leaves? David.WE.Roberts United Kingdom 3 02-03-2013 01:00 PM
Large biodegrade-able pots gonzo Gardening 11 13-08-2006 03:37 AM
compost-able paper bag? pete Permaculture 4 18-11-2003 01:42 AM
Hi could anyone maybe be able to tell what kind of plant pest Long Tall Sally Gardening 1 02-06-2003 02:32 AM
Hi could anyone maybe be able to tell what kind of plant pest this is J Gardening 1 02-06-2003 02:32 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017