Old 07-07-2004, 04:31 PM
CAZ CAZ is offline
Registered User

Location: CLEVELAND
Default hey somone must be able to identify this plant

hey i need help to identify this plant my friends mother got it given think its from abrod and think its some sort of swamp orchid can anbody help identify it please we searched loads of books but carnt find it helppppppppppp!
Attached Thumbnails
hey somone must be able to identify this plant-p6250065.jpg
Old 07-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Brigitte J.

"CAZ" wrote in message
s.com...
hey i need help to identify this plant my friends mother got it given
think its from abrod and think its some sort of swamp orchid can anbody
help identify it please we searched loads of books but carnt find it
helppppppppppp!
| Attachment filename: p6250065.jpg |
|View attachment:

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attach...?postid=428799|

I'm no expert, but it sure looks like a plant I have in my front flower beds
called "Balsam".

HTH,
Brigitte

Old 07-07-2004, 08:00 PM
CAZ CAZ is offline
Registered User

Location: CLEVELAND

Quote:
Originally posted by Brigitte J.
"CAZ" wrote in message
s.com...
hey i need help to identify this plant my friends mother got it given
think its from abrod and think its some sort of swamp orchid can anbody
help identify it please we searched loads of books but carnt find it
helppppppppppp!
| Attachment filename: p6250065.jpg |
|View attachment:

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attach...?postid=428799|

I'm no expert, but it sure looks like a plant I have in my front flower beds
called "Balsam".

HTH,
Brigitte
no i looked up balsam looks diffrent i tryed to get a better pic please someone help find it
Attached Thumbnails
hey somone must be able to identify this plant-p7070027.jpg
Old 07-07-2004, 08:02 PM
CAZ CAZ is offline
Registered User

Location: CLEVELAND

Quote:
Originally posted by CAZ
no i looked up balsam looks diffrent i tryed to get a better pic please someone help find it
and another pic here
Attached Thumbnails
hey somone must be able to identify this plant-p7070028.jpg
Old 07-07-2004, 08:26 PM
CAZ CAZ is offline
Registered User

Location: CLEVELAND

Quote:
Originally posted by CAZ
and another pic here

ok does this help i got a load more pictures please help been trying to fine out what it is and where it from for ages now. the flowers lok like a small rose bud befor opening and have a long pointed bits on the back of the flower as you can see in picture
Attached Thumbnails
hey somone must be able to identify this plant-p7070036.jpg

Old 07-07-2004, 08:30 PM
CAZ CAZ is offline
Registered User

Location: CLEVELAND

Quote:
Originally posted by CAZ
ok does this help i got a load more pictures please help been trying to fine out what it is and where it from for ages now. the flowers lok like a small rose bud befor opening and have a long pointed bits on the back of the flower as you can see in picture

the flowers grow very close to the stem look and the leaves are spiky on the edges but not sharp
Attached Thumbnails
hey somone must be able to identify this plant-p7070030.jpg
Old 07-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Marley1372

The plant in question is Impatiens balsamena, commonly known as garden balsam.

Toad
Old 07-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Jim Voege

"CAZ" wrote in message
s.com...
Brigitte J. wrote:
s.com...

http://tinyurl.com/2v7tq|

I'm no expert, but it sure looks like a plant I have in my front
flower beds
called "Balsam".

HTH,
Brigitte *

no i looked up balsam looks diffrent i tryed to get a better pic please
someone help find it

You sure? It looks pretty close to Impatiens balsamina. Check he

http://plantsdatabase.com/showimage/2561/

Jim