GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Connecting garden statuary PVC (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/78745-connecting-garden-statuary-pvc.html)

Dave 11-07-2004 04:02 PM

Connecting garden statuary PVC

I have a statue that is piped with PVC. The PVC is 1/2" inside diameter and
an outside diameter of 5/8". What is the best way to connect the PVC to
plastic tubing? Is there a special connector required?

Vox Humana 11-07-2004 04:02 PM

"Dave" wrote in message
I have a statue that is piped with PVC. The PVC is 1/2" inside diameter

and
an outside diameter of 5/8". What is the best way to connect the PVC to
plastic tubing? Is there a special connector required?

Hardware stores sell a variety of sizes of flexible tubing. Just get the
size that snugly fits over your tubing and fasten it with a hose clamp. The
clamps will be sold in close proximity to the tubing in the plumbing
department.

[email protected] 11-07-2004 06:02 PM

Connecting garden statuary PVC

there are connections with "barbs" so that nearly any size can slip over it and clamp
with a hose clamp. they are usually dark gray color. Ingrid

"Vox Humana" wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
I have a statue that is piped with PVC. The PVC is 1/2" inside diameter

and
an outside diameter of 5/8". What is the best way to connect the PVC to
plastic tubing? Is there a special connector required?

Hardware stores sell a variety of sizes of flexible tubing. Just get the
size that snugly fits over your tubing and fasten it with a hose clamp. The
clamps will be sold in close proximity to the tubing in the plumbing
department.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

John McGaw 11-07-2004 07:02 PM

"Dave" wrote in message
I have a statue that is piped with PVC. The PVC is 1/2" inside diameter

and
an outside diameter of 5/8". What is the best way to connect the PVC to
plastic tubing? Is there a special connector required?

I would look for either a cement-on "barb" fitting that fits the tubing you
want to use or a cement-on threaded fitting and threaded barb that will fit
into that. There is a seemingly endless number of permutations available in
the fitting section of the local Borg and sometimes that huge number becomes
baffling but with a bit of patience it is usually possible to figure out
some combination that will do what you need.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

simy1 11-07-2004 08:02 PM

Connecting garden statuary PVC

"Dave" wrote in message news:dTbIc.52104$JR4.44580@attbi_s54...
I have a statue that is piped with PVC. The PVC is 1/2" inside diameter and
an outside diameter of 5/8". What is the best way to connect the PVC to
plastic tubing? Is there a special connector required?

yes. I just bought one for my hose-to-drip-irrigation connection. go
to an irrigation store, they will give you one.

Charles 11-07-2004 08:02 PM

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:10:17 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

I have a statue that is piped with PVC. The PVC is 1/2" inside diameter and
an outside diameter of 5/8". What is the best way to connect the PVC to
plastic tubing? Is there a special connector required?

Are you working with full supply pressure or from a small circulating
pump?

I have found that for my pond filtration plumbing system, just
sticking the pipes/tubing together without cementing them or glue
works just fine, and is a lot easier to take apart when the urge
arises. Watch it, of course, and if leaks start, adjust accordingly.

--

- Charles
-

Vox Humana 12-07-2004 12:02 AM

wrote in message
there are connections with "barbs" so that nearly any size can slip over

it and clamp
with a hose clamp. they are usually dark gray color. Ingrid

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I always use a hose clamp with barbed fittings.

Roy 12-07-2004 03:02 AM

Connecting garden statuary PVC

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:30:42 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

===
wrote in message
=== there are connections with "barbs" so that nearly any size can slip over
===it and clamp
=== with a hose clamp. they are usually dark gray color. Ingrid
===
===
===Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I always use a hose clamp with barbed fittings.
===

Your not alone in using hose clamps on barbed fittings.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.