Old 19-07-2004, 04:02 PM
escapee

Default Bush intel?

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:54:52 -0400, Ann opined:

"Vox Humana" expounded:

I think it is unlike that Kerry will run the government based on some
religious superstition.

No, he'll run it like the elitist snob he is.

We have no good choice this November. At all.

How is he an elitist slob? Do you have any reference or citation or example of
what you mean?

Old 19-07-2004, 04:02 PM
escapee

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 01:47:57 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

No, Kerry seems more likely to run the government based on some unrealistic idea
of a Nanny State, with big dreams involving the government doing everything for
everybody. Of course, somebody is going to have to pay for that, and I don't see
Kerry raiding his wife's trust funds, so he'll have to get the money from the
liberal's favorite source, the taxpayers. No problem. American taxpayers have
deep pockets. :/

How is that any worse than the pandering to corporate America by our current
administration?

Old 19-07-2004, 04:02 PM
escapee

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 01:55:46 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

OK, now all you have to do is prove that Bush's comment is the CAUSE of that.
Good luck.
Maybe Michael Moore would be willing to help you try. I wouldn't count on him
actually being much help, since he's not much in the credibility department, but
he'd be willing to try, I'm sure.

Oh, so the facts he exposed are not enough? I don't only have Michael Moore.
There's Greg Palast, Paul Krugman, Al Franken, Joe Conason, Molly Ivans, Jim
Hightower, or any number of books at the link I provide at the end of my
message. All of them can't be wrong. The facts are the facts.

Sometimes 18 is kids. Sometimes it isn't. I work with a 29-year-old who acts
like he's going on 13, so chronological age isn't a guarantee of maturity.

(snip)

No dear. Eighteen is always a kid. It's always someone who is only eighteen.
I was not talking about maturity. However, since you did mention maturity is
it possible you are one of those who are going on 13?

Old 19-07-2004, 04:02 PM
escapee

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 05:43:02 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

Yep, good emotional label to use for people old enough to vote for president,
drink alcohol, kill for their country, die for their country, get married, have
children, and do everything else anyone who's reached the age of majority can
do.
I prefer to avoid emotional arguments like that, especially when discussing
logical questions.

No, we need more emotional things like terror levels with color charts. We need
more of that. We need more of a government who controls people through Patriot
Act 2, and who can fly their friends out of the country, while organ donations
were not permitted to fly to their destination, causing many deaths. It's a
very deep thing. It's not this flippant thing you want to make it seem to be.
It is not emotional, it's factual.

Speaking of facts, we pay less tax than most countries in the world. I would
think everyone would be willing to pay the tax so elders could have medicine and
children could have health care. So women could have prenatal care. I guess
caring for people is disgusting. Oh well.

Old 19-07-2004, 04:02 PM

not to mention the lasting emotional damage to all of them. so many of our ex
soldiers end up incapacitated and on the streets and homeless. Ingrid

Oh my........i really tried to not respond.......but.......a logical
argument that i would make is that the lives of the men and women lost in
the current Iraq war are a great loss to the nation, their families, their
communities, and the value of our heritage.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 19-07-2004, 04:02 PM

we werent fooled the first time. the election was stolen and delivered to him by his
brother and the supremes. Ingrid

"Den" wrote in message
(We won't get fooled again )

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 19-07-2004, 04:02 PM

LOL... I just love the very shopworn charge that democrats are tax and spend but
republicans are what?
Clinton is in for 8 years. He pays off the credit card charges (trillion dollar
debt) run up by the previous 12 years of republicans. He leaves a surplus.
In comes another republican and within 2 YEARS the credit cards are maxed out.
republicans know how to run up the charge cards and line the pockets of already
wealthy people. they dont think it is necessary to pay their bills.
democrats are responsible enough to pay for their programs aimed at helping everyone,
but especially helping those that need the MOST help.
when Kerry wins he is going to have to pay off the credit card charges of this Bush.

Ingrid

(The Watcher) wrote:
No, Kerry seems more likely to run the government based on some unrealistic idea
of a Nanny State, with big dreams involving the government doing everything for
everybody. Of course, somebody is going to have to pay for that, and I don't see
Kerry raiding his wife's trust funds, so he'll have to get the money from the
liberal's favorite source, the taxpayers. No problem. American taxpayers have
deep pockets. :/

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 19-07-2004, 04:02 PM

well.... according to the republican TV ads anyway. you dont really believe those,
right? (otherwise I gotta bridge to sell).
INgrid

(The Watcher) wrote:
Yes, Kerry has said MANY things(as well as the opposite of those many things).

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 19-07-2004, 06:02 PM
paghat

In article , (The
Watcher) wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:45:37 -0700, Tom Jaszewski wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:13:12 GMT, (The Watcher)
wrote:

calling them kids seems a bit disingenious.

Kids pure and simple! they're kids!

And that includes the senior NCO's in their late 30's?

42% of our armed forces are between the ages 18 and 25. The youngest will
be the ones in areas of greatest danger hence the jumbo category of
casualties.

So yeah, the average age at death may today be a LITTLE older than for the
children sent to Viet Nam, an era when they dying two years sooner than
they could vote. But make no mistake, even today kids remain the ones at
greatest risk of falling in battle. The day when the psychotic shitheads
who plan the wars have to actually lead the battles they think so
essential, that's the same day ourleaders begin singing Give Peace a
Chance.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 19-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Larry Blanchard

In article ,
says...

Nope, I don't see it a a choice between Kerry and Bush. I see it as a choice
between ALL the candidates on the ballot.

I prefer neither of those choices.

In a close election, which this promises to be, that's called throwing
away your vote.

BTW, I'm wondering if Bush is going to engineer a "crisis" in October to
ensure his re-election. Or "postpone" the election.

I think it was Will Rogers who said "The Republicans want to take my
money and give it to the rich. The Democrats want to take my money and
give it to the poor. I'd like to keep it myself, but if those are the
choices I'd just as soon it went to the poor."

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?
Old 19-07-2004, 07:02 PM
The Watcher

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:58:13 -0700, Larry Blanchard wrote:

In article ,
says...

Nope, I don't see it a a choice between Kerry and Bush. I see it as a choice
between ALL the candidates on the ballot.

I prefer neither of those choices.

In a close election, which this promises to be, that's called throwing
away your vote.

It can also be called sending a message to the 2 parties. I've been calling it
"throwing my vote away" for years, but I'm beginning to think it's time for more
people to send the 2 big parties a message. If enough people send them a
message, maybe they'll get a clue.
Old 19-07-2004, 07:02 PM
The Watcher

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:04:33 GMT, escapee wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 01:47:57 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

No, Kerry seems more likely to run the government based on some unrealistic idea
of a Nanny State, with big dreams involving the government doing everything for
everybody. Of course, somebody is going to have to pay for that, and I don't see
Kerry raiding his wife's trust funds, so he'll have to get the money from the
liberal's favorite source, the taxpayers. No problem. American taxpayers have
deep pockets. :/

How is that any worse than the pandering to corporate America by our current
administration?

And how is it better?