GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   how toi protect lawn? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/79479-how-toi-protect-lawn.html)

peter 19-07-2004 10:02 PM

how toi protect lawn?

I am doing a bit of work for a friend that involves walking
across her lawn many times over about a week. I would rather not wear
a path in it. Is there something I can lay down to walk on that would
protect the grass?

It seems to me that some sort of steel grate might work. Does
anyone make such a product for this purpose?

TIA

Peter

Vox Humana 20-07-2004 03:02 AM

how toi protect lawn?

"peter" wrote in message

I am doing a bit of work for a friend that involves walking
across her lawn many times over about a week. I would rather not wear
a path in it. Is there something I can lay down to walk on that would
protect the grass?

It seems to me that some sort of steel grate might work. Does
anyone make such a product for this purpose?

When I was doing some work that involved rolling a wheelbarrow across my
lawn many times, I bought some cheap plywood to put down. I took it up
every day so the grass wouldn't die. Later I used it to put a floor in the
storage area over my garage.

Frogleg 20-07-2004 12:02 PM

how toi protect lawn?

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:44:49 GMT, peter
wrote:

I am doing a bit of work for a friend that involves walking
across her lawn many times over about a week. I would rather not wear
a path in it. Is there something I can lay down to walk on that would
protect the grass?

Lawns are supposed to be walkable. A week's worth of going to and fro
(unless you're dragging bags of cement behind you) should do no harm.
If possible, you could vary your route a bit so as not to trample the
same area over and over, but one person's walking just shouldn't be a
problem.

peter 20-07-2004 03:03 PM

how toi protect lawn?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:29:44 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

Lawns are supposed to be walkable. A week's worth of going to and fro
(unless you're dragging bags of cement behind you) should do no harm.

This is not the case in all areas.

The Watcher 20-07-2004 06:02 PM

how toi protect lawn?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:43:23 GMT, peter wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:29:44 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

Lawns are supposed to be walkable. A week's worth of going to and fro
(unless you're dragging bags of cement behind you) should do no harm.

This is not the case in all areas.

Depends on the weather conditions, too.