GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spots on Tomatos (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/79597-spots-tomatos.html)

THURSTON ACKERMAN 21-07-2004 02:02 AM

Spots on Tomatos

FamilyNet Newsgate

BRDavesVideo wrote:
BR As my tomatos ripen, small yellow spots form on the skin, when the tomato
BR cut, there are white spots in the flesh.
BR I supose it is too late to do anything about it, but what has happened? Th
BR cherry tomatos are fine.
BR
BR
BR Dave
BR http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave

BRThe problem is often caused by heat stress and uneven
BRmoisture while the tomato is getting ripe. As long as the
BRleaves of the plant look good, I wouldn't worry about it.
BRIf you see the leaves turing yellow (sometimes with black
BRspots) it is an indication of tomato blight and that is
BRsomething to worry about.

I wonder how the blight is spread?

Any recovery possible, or dump those before infecting others?

Ciao, Ack.

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ Join me tomorrow in stamping out procrastination.

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.fmlynet.org