Old 27-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Mail & News

Default 35 years

"starlord" wrote in message
So, BFD, doesn't have anything to do with gardening at all, very OFF TOPIC

No kidding, Starlord. But if the liberals post their screed here nobody
seems to mind, huh?

Old 27-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Warren

Mail & News wrote:
starlord wrote:
So, BFD, doesn't have anything to do with gardening at all, very OFF

TOPIC

No kidding, Starlord. But if the liberals post their screed here

nobody
seems to mind, huh?

Interesting. If a left-leaning message goes up, it's the most popular
thread in the group within half a day. Something right-leaning goes up,
and no one cares to discuss it other than one comment that it doesn't
belong (the left-leaning threads get those, too), and one person
lamenting that there is no discussion, implying that the folks on the
right aren't talking because they're not allowed.

There's no censorship going on here. No one is sitting someplace killing
right-leaning discussions, while letting left-leaning discussions
through. But after nearly a day, that's as much as the folks on the
right have mustarded-up.

Newsflash: There isn't more discussion on this thread because it's not
interesting, not because of some left-wing conspiracy to keep the
right-wing from posting. And in the those liberal "screed" threads, no
one minds conservatives joining in with their viewpoint. (Note: Just
because an idea is attacked doesn't mean it's expression wasn't
welcomed.)

You want to expound on how Ted's mistake makes him unfit to be a leader?
Go ahead. It might help if you bring up some more recent examples.
Certainly he's done something you didn't like more recently than one
event 35 years ago. Give your opinion. Discuss away with the rest of the
community. Just don't kid yourself into believing that you're not
allowed, but other people are allowed. Everyone has the same ability to
post off-topic discussions, even if it isn't the most popular viewpoint.

Yes, this thread is off-topic. But there is no liberal conspiracy
keeping it from taking off. If it's not taking off like more liberal
threads have, it's because it doesn't interest as many members of the
community. People don't have as much to say. But no one is preventing
anyone who does have something to say from saying it. It is not a
liberal conspiracy that's silencing other people.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Books for the Pacific Northwest gardener:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/nwgardener/index.html

Old 27-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Stella Liebeck

starlord wrote:
So, BFD, doesn't have anything to do with gardening at all, very OFF TOPIC

You are mistaken. Please note threads titled "Bush intel"' "wowowo"'
and "Home Depot politics". A vast number of recent posts here deal
exclusively with political views.

Perhaps what you really meant to say was, "Unless it parrots the left
wing line, it's off topic."

Old 27-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Bill

In article , no.sympathy@anytime says...

"starlord" wrote in message
So, BFD, doesn't have anything to do with gardening at all, very OFF TOPIC

No kidding, Starlord. But if the liberals post their screed here nobody
seems to mind, huh?

Actually, political posters get killfiled. Just like you have been.

Buh-bye.

Bill

Old 28-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Itinerant Lurker

Mail & News wrote:
It was 35 years ago today that Ted Kennedy murdered Mary Jo Kopechne at
Chappaquiddick, Massachusetts in July 26th, 1969.

Mary Jo would have been 65 years of age this year.

Teddy Kennedy today is the "Conscience of the Democratic Party"
Teddy Kennedy who left Miss Kopechne behind to die in the waters
underneath the Edgartown Bridge, Chappaquiddick, Massachusetts.
Teddy Kennedy was cruising drunk.

The same Teddy Kennedy that calls other people liars.

That's nothing. Say 20 or more years ago, another Kennedy was sexually
assaulting women, smoking marijuana, indulging in group sex and
extolling the virtues of Hitler. Yeah, that's Right, Ahnold, the "Last
Great Hope of the Republican Party".

Cue the sappy bleeding heart anti-liberal music.