Old 27-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Bill R

Default Home Depot politics

escapee wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:47:37 -0400, Bill R opined:

Zemedelec wrote:

Maybe this is much too off topic

zemedelec

It is and it shouldn't be posted here. There are dozens and
dozens of political groups. Post your views in one of them.

No, post them here too. Nobody moderates this newsgroup.

Even though it is true that nobody moderates this newsgroup
all posters should stick to the topic of this newsgroup -
GARDENS. If everyone starts posting ANYTHING they wish,
soon there will be little or no discussion of gardens. Is
that what you want? I have seen dozens of newsgroups
destroyed because off topic posters took over the newsgroup.
If we are not careful that could happen to rec.gardens
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden flowers visit
http://members.iglou.com/brosen

Old 27-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Warren

Zemedelec wrote:
Maybe this is much too off topic, but a friend of mine who is much

more of a
political animal than I am told me HD is heavily supported by rich

Republicans
such as Arthur Blank, the
president of Home Depot, who hosted a dinner
in Atlanta that gave Bush $2.5 million. So any of you whose whole

lives,
including gardening, are permeated with their political convictions

might want
to go to Loew's, etc. if you need to buy at a big chain store.
zemedelec

Based on third-hand information, we should boycott one store, but not
the other? Are you saying the officers of Lowe's don't contribute to
Republicans? Are you saying Lowe's officers contribute to Democrats? Do
you have any real information, or are we going to go nuts based on a
rumor?

Sheesh. If I didn't shop at any stores who's officers or executives gave
to the Republicans, I wouldn't be able to shop at all.

There's a difference between political convictions and silliness.

BTW... Bill Gates is a Democrat. Does that mean Republicans with
convictions don't use Microsoft products? Warren Buffet is a Democrat.
Does that mean Republicans with convictions shouldn't patronize any
companies who's boards he sits on? Silliness.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Books for the Pacific Northwest gardener:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/nwgardener/index.html

Old 27-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Vox Humana

Zemedelec wrote:

Maybe this is much too off topic

zemedelec

It is and it shouldn't be posted here. There are dozens and
dozens of political groups. Post your views in one of them.

No, post them here too. Nobody moderates this newsgroup.

Even though it is true that nobody moderates this newsgroup
all posters should stick to the topic of this newsgroup -
GARDENS. If everyone starts posting ANYTHING they wish,
soon there will be little or no discussion of gardens. Is
that what you want? I have seen dozens of newsgroups
destroyed because off topic posters took over the newsgroup.
If we are not careful that could happen to rec.gardens
--

You must have bad luck. I have been posting to Usenet for several years and
haven't seen a single newsgroup that doesn't have a fair amount of OT posts.

Old 27-07-2004, 06:05 PM
LFR

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I, personally, don't have the
time nor inclination to delve into the political leanings of the owners of
every chain or franchise that I might shop at. I also question posted
opinions that tend to be one-sided. If one has that much time on their
hands, their time would be better spent trying to make this country and
planet a better place to live for all.

You may shop where you choose but don't try to tell me where I should shop.
Free enterprise rules!!!

Old 27-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Vox Humana

"Warren" wrote in message
Zemedelec wrote:
[...]

Here is a link to Lowe's officers and directors:
http://tinyurl.com/4655s

Here is a link to HD's officers and directors:
http://tinyurl.com/6t9fl

Here is a link to search for political contributions:
http://www.fundrace.org/neighbors.php

No need to base decisions of rumor.

Old 27-07-2004, 06:07 PM
DavesVideo

escapee said:

It is and it shouldn't be posted here. There are dozens and
dozens of political groups. Post your views in one of them.

No, post them here too. Nobody moderates this newsgroup.

An unmoderated news group should thus be moderated by the restraint of the
posters. I have seen many newsgroups degenerate and become worhless due to off
topic posting.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave
Old 27-07-2004, 06:07 PM
The Watcher

Zemedelec wrote:
Maybe this is much too off topic

zemedelec

It is and it shouldn't be posted here. There are dozens and
dozens of political groups. Post your views in one of them.

No, post them here too. Nobody moderates this newsgroup.

Au contraire. Plenty of people moderate this newsgroup.
OK, plenty of people WANT to moderate this newsgroup.

Old 27-07-2004, 06:07 PM
The Watcher

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:28:18 GMT, "Vox Humana" wrote:

(snip)
You must have bad luck. I have been posting to Usenet for several years and
haven't seen a single newsgroup that doesn't have a fair amount of OT posts.
Likewise, I haven't seen any newsgroup that was destroyed by such posts.
Most people are smart enough to avoid posts that don't appeal to them. With
judicious use of filters and killfiles you don't even have to see the posts.
I don't know why people would suddenly lose interest in gardening because
someone posted a politically slanted article about a store with a garden
center. That seems as puzzling as all the people who claim that everyone
would lose interest in marriage if it were make available to same-sex
couples.

Is THAT what they're claiming? I've been trying to figure out what they're
talking about when they say "same sex marriage would "destroy" traditional
marriage", since the people who say that don't seem capable of explaining what
that is supposed to mean. :/
Old 27-07-2004, 06:29 PM

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:58:48 GMT, (The Watcher)
wrote:

[...]

It's because if all them homo faggots start thinking they're married,
then that will cheapen the relationship between a decent God fearin'
Christian man his his decent God fearin' pregnant (God willing) and
barefoot wife who won't feel special any more cuz'n they'ld be married
special like by a preacher and all, and said God fearin' Christian man
will become so upset he won't be able to work in his garden.

Hal

Old 27-07-2004, 06:32 PM

Zemedelec wrote:

Maybe this is much too off topic

zemedelec

It is and it shouldn't be posted here. There are dozens and
dozens of political groups. Post your views in one of them.

No, post them here too. Nobody moderates this newsgroup.

Even though it is true that nobody moderates this newsgroup
all posters should stick to the topic of this newsgroup -
GARDENS. If everyone starts posting ANYTHING they wish,
soon there will be little or no discussion of gardens. Is
that what you want? I have seen dozens of newsgroups
destroyed because off topic posters took over the newsgroup.
If we are not careful that could happen to rec.gardens

How very authoritarian of you.

Next you'll be telling people what they can grow in their gardens.

Oh wait, you already do that.

Hal

Old 27-07-2004, 06:32 PM

Zemedelec wrote:

Maybe this is much too off topic

zemedelec

It is and it shouldn't be posted here. There are dozens and
dozens of political groups. Post your views in one of them.

No, post them here too. Nobody moderates this newsgroup.

Even though it is true that nobody moderates this newsgroup
all posters should stick to the topic of this newsgroup -
GARDENS. If everyone starts posting ANYTHING they wish,
soon there will be little or no discussion of gardens. Is
that what you want? I have seen dozens of newsgroups
destroyed because off topic posters took over the newsgroup.
If we are not careful that could happen to rec.gardens

How very authoritarian of you.

Next you'll be telling people what they can grow in their gardens.

Oh wait, you already do that.

Hal

[IMG] code is On

Sodium Grow Light from Home Depot MC Gardening 9 14-04-2011 06:06 PM
Shade cloth at Home Depot? [email protected] Orchids 17 01-09-2003 05:22 PM
Rose bushes at Home Depot Mceezee Gardening 7 15-05-2003 02:56 AM
Salt at Home Depot or Lowes? Bob Ponds 3 12-05-2003 12:45 AM
whats' the chroma 50 bulb from wall mart or home depot Wynand Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:15 AM