Old 26-07-2004, 04:45 AM
Perry Templeton

Default High winds, small tornado?

I have a bottle brush tree(Callistemon citrinus) that is about 7 feet tall.
It is one of my favorite plants. Such a bright pretty cheerful thing to
look at when it blooms. Its location is good, in that when it sheds, it
doesn't affect anything and make a mess on anything important.
I was out of town today and when I got home, I was disappointed to see my
bottle brush tree listing heavily to one side. The wind must have been
coming out of the southwest (according to the direction it was leaning.) It
was dark already, so I couldn't get all the details, but it looks like it's
partially uprooted. The trunk is not broken. Looks as if the slab of
ground that the rootball is in came out with the leaning over. How should I
repair the damage. Just pull it back upright? And tie it off to support
it? It's been in the ground at least a couple of years. Should I expect
any trauma...leaves falling, or yellowing? I hate it when something bad
happens to one of my plants.
Perry
z10, south of New Orleans.

[IMG] code is On

Advice on Cloches - Detirmined to beat local cats, high winds and Caterpillars! MartnJules Gardening 5 19-03-2012 10:01 PM
Has anyone used a Tornado Pondvac? Pond Skater Ponds 8 13-01-2011 03:16 PM
Tornado Pond Vacuum - utterly useless souwesterly Ponds (moderated) 2 22-04-2010 02:25 AM
Tornado in Geneva Tiziano Bonsai 4 19-07-2005 12:20 PM
High winds, small tornado? Doug Kanter Gardening 2 27-07-2004 06:23 AM