GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Indiana -- tree question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/80690-indiana-tree-question.html)

Volfie 26-07-2004 06:54 PM

Indiana -- tree question

I'm new to Indiana (only third summer here) so I'm not sure if what I'm
seeing is usual or not. Lots (and I mean LOTS) of trees seem to have leaves
dying at the very tips of the branches. There are a wide range of hardwood
trees that I originally thought were changing color very early in the season
but now I can see they have dried up leaves at the very tips of the
branches. Is this because it has been overly dry (I'm not sure it has,
actually) or because of the cicada invasion this year? Is there anyone in
here from central Indiana that can explain this?

Giselle (and it's trees all over -- not just mine -- it is everywhere I
look)