Old 27-07-2004, 01:52 AM
$6.00Burger

Default Small tomato plants shade to sun....

I have some small tomato plants, about 8-10in tall and ~3nodes,
growing in pots that are almost ready to plant into the ground.
Currentlly they are protected from full sun by some shade cloth type
stuff...they get half of full light all day , and all of the heat (up
to 100F here). My question is will they brun up if i placed them into
the full sun now? Should i protect their roots with mulch on their
soil? Please help, these are my first tomatoes and trully my first
venture into gardening.

On a completlly diffrent topic,is there anyway to protect them during
the winter? I only get about 3 real frosts in the cold months, will
they live outside ok? bundle the roots and bring them in the garage?
i have no idea.

-Thanks!
Burger

[IMG] code is On

Sun without Sun. Erik Orchids 8 03-02-2006 09:51 PM
Small tomato plants shade to sun.... $6.00Burger Gardening 1 28-07-2004 03:02 AM
Sun Plants available to good home - trade for shade plants? Sonya North Carolina 0 07-05-2004 05:11 PM
Sungold (Cherry) tomato: sun or shade? Noam Avnery Edible Gardening 11 09-07-2003 08:56 PM
Shade shade shade stephane Boutin United Kingdom 6 18-05-2003 06:32 AM